+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    Oh ok! Wow! Was it still really painful even in the water? the only time I screamed in my previous labours was when I was pushing/during crowning.

I'm trying not to think about that part! I really hope I have a short labour this time like you did! And yes, hoping for water birth! My ob fully supports it, so as long as there are no complications, I can have a water birth.
    Fingers crossed for you!

I'm a pretty big sook lol. Crowning did hurt and I felt myself tear but the pushing part was so much shorter. The bath definitely made the contractions better. And being in the water was easier as you don't get as tired with all the pressure on your body.

I'm probably lucky that my fore waters didn't break til pushing as I probably would have had to get out if they broke earlier due to meconium.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Fingers crossed for you!

I'm a pretty big sook lol. Crowning did hurt and I felt myself tear but the pushing part was so much shorter. The bath definitely made the contractions better. And being in the water was easier as you don't get as tired with all the pressure on your body.

I'm probably lucky that my fore waters didn't break til pushing as I probably would have had to get out if they broke earlier due to meconium.
    That is lucky! I'm praying for no meconium or other complications! Had meconium last time around and wasn't allowed in the bath

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably about 8-9 hours for first birth. Then more like 6 for the second. Here's hoping for 4 hours for the third? I've never had a tear, just a graze that healed itself with the first, so to be honest I don't mind a slower stretch. I think it helps me to wrap my head around it all, too. The idea of labour starting and ending within an hour or two is a bit scary to be honest. I'd like my midwife to arrive first!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How short was your next labour?

My experience with my two labours is so similar to @Mamasupial's!

And yes even though second labour hurt and I had a 2nd degree tear I actually enjoyed the experience (unlike the first- just in pain, drugged up and exhausted after hours of labour lol).
    Chalk and cheese those two labours.

Good luck @witherwings you're a pro, really hope you get that waterbirth. Xxx

I'm away for holidays in a couple of hours- hope bubs is out when I'm back on Friday!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (07-11-2016)