+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea of active labour but DD1 3hrs 40m, DD2 4hours 20m (around about.. Is it bad I've forgotten?)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bwrlab For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (04-11-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    1st pregnancy- 11 hours until emergency c-section
    2nd- 45 minutes from go to whoa. Lucky we live close to the hospital!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First labor 3.5 hours to fully then 3 hours pushing

Second labour

56 minutes with about 5 minutes pushing.
    But I spent a good 20 minutes trying not to push in the ambulance on the drive to hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love this thread! My #1 was active labour of around 8 hours. I stalled for 2 hours due to a number of reasons and did 2 hours of pushing. So really only 6 hours. I'm going for 4 hours this time maximum 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    I love this thread! My #1 was active labour of around 8 hours. I stalled for 2 hours due to a number of reasons and did 2 hours of pushing. So really only 6 hours. I'm going for 4 hours this time maximum
    Lol your baby may have other ideas.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (05-11-2016),witherwings  (06-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Lol your baby may have other ideas.
    I hope not!!! Gah I'm not mentally prepared for a long labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    I hope not!!! Gah I'm not mentally prepared for a long labour
    Lol neither was I. Now I'm worried #3 will be too fast lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mamasupial did you find that the shorter labour was more intense/painful than the first labour? I'm wondering if I'll be able to handle the pain as well if it's all happening in half the time.. I'm starting to think that having the long build up makes the pain more manageable for me, but then there is the exhaustion as well..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    @Mamasupial did you find that the shorter labour was more intense/painful than the first labour? I'm wondering if I'll be able to handle the pain as well if it's all happening in half the time.. I'm starting to think that having the long build up makes the pain more manageable for me, but then there is the exhaustion as well..
    I actually coped wayyyyyy better this time even though it was shorter. First time I screamed every contraction for hours. This time I only did during crowning.

First time I had gas and morphine, this time no pain relief. Both hurt just as much.

I HATED my first labour so I never understood people who enjoyed it but I honestly loved my second labour

Do you still get a water birth?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-11-2016),witherwings  (06-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    I actually coped wayyyyyy better this time even though it was shorter. First time I screamed every contraction for hours. This time I only did during crowning.

First time I had gas and morphine, this time no pain relief. Both hurt just as much.

I HATED my first labour so I never understood people who enjoyed it but I honestly loved my second labour

Do you still get a water birth?
    Oh ok! Wow! Was it still really painful even in the water? the only time I screamed in my previous labours was when I was pushing/during crowning.

I'm trying not to think about that part! I really hope I have a short labour this time like you did! And yes, hoping for water birth! My ob fully supports it, so as long as there are no complications, I can have a water birth.