+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Yes you can. But I would steer away from using words like horrid that put down the other child (I know you are talking in a more relaxed way, it being a private forum and all!) and focus on your child's wellbeing.

Given that you mention the issues also occur in the yard, I would suggest you meet with his teachers and request they continue to keep an eye on the other child's behaviour towards your son, but also work with you to support your son to manage problematic situations, and help him find some strategies that empower him to be assertive, seek help etc...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (02-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The time for any requests is now (NOW!!) as most of us are starting on the process of making up grades for next year. Like Chippa said, requests to put certain friends together can't always be accommodated but keeping kids apart if requested is considered very important.

At our school these requests need to be in writing but I would also chat to the teacher about it as well.

Also, chat with your son about who he is going to write down when they get to request their preferences. So, so often a parent says nothing, the children request to be in each other's grade and then the parents get in a flap the day the grade lists are released. But it's really hard to make changes at that stage.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for the advice. It's good to know I can do something. I have grown to realise that thus behaviour is becoming more obsessive and suffocating towards my son so I do feel it's very important to keep more distance between them, from this point.