+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so sorry to read this news. I've had 7 m/cs and they are heartbreaking . Sending you much love for a positive outcome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Louise41, sorry you have been through the same heartbreak.
    Hopefully I can update some news within the week.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Possible missed miscarriage

I'm so sorry Babyg4. I've been reading along and this must be a nightmare for you.
    I don't have any similar stories (9 miscarriages but never a missed MC) but I would be like you I think - just wanting to be doubly sure etc. You just want to be 100% sure there is no viable baby in there; I completely understand and I think you deserve peace of mind in such a tumultuous time. Peace of mind is what will make such a nightmare a little less traumatic- and you would always wonder right?
    Again, I'm so so sorry Hun xo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Reina83 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had a few mcs but had generally started bleeding at 7 weeks, sac measuring 5. My hcg was always low and slow rising so in that regard I'd definitely be waiting if I were you. Even if it did turn out to be bad news, at least you'd have tried. you'd never forgive yourself if there was still a chance. Good luck!

Ps. So Sorry for your losses!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDL For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Thank you @Louise41, sorry you have been through the same heartbreak.
    Hopefully I can update some news within the week.
    You are in my morning prayers xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been in this position too, I'm sorry you're having to go through this. If I were you I'd wait and go for follow up scans. Especially as you've had this happen before and it worked out ok. Do you knew if you have a tilted uterus? As this can affect the accuracy of scans.

I went for a follow up scan a week later and it was confirmed as a mmc as it hadn't grown and they could see blood starting to pool around it, but at least then I knew for sure. I then waited a couple of weeks for a natural mc, and just went on prevantative antibiotics. A D&C can leave you with scarring which can affect future fertility, so I wanted to avoid that if possible.

I am hoping and praying that you have a happy outcome hun, and that bub was just a little behind in implantation/growing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a MMC last year after spotting at 5w2d. It was discovered at my first scan at 6w5d and I was still measuring 5w+2d. My HCG continued to double normally and got up to 45,000 on the day of my D&C at 8w+5d. I had no other incidents of spotting after the initial one, and did have some pregnancy symptoms.

My doctors all encouraged me to have the D&C sooner but being my first and only pregnancy I didn't want to rush into that decision. It doesn't hurt to wait until you are sure. Give it another week or two and repeat your scans. The only thing worse that a MMC in this instance would be rushing into a D&C and having the regret of not knowing if you've potentially done so too soon.

I'm really sorry you're going through this hon. It's heartbreaking

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Had similar but it ended up being molar pregnancy. Hope everything is okay @BabyG4

14. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never been told if I have a tilted uterus @Frankenmum, that was one of the things I was reading last night. I know with all 4 of my daughters my dates have always been changed drastically and they've had lots of trouble with early scans until I was 12 weeks.

So true @Blossom74, our main problem is rushing into it when there's no harm in waiting another week. If I hadn't been through this with DD4, it may be a completely different story.

Again, I'm so sorry to hear so many of you ladies have gone through this too

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-11-2016),Frankenmum  (01-11-2016),MrsDL  (01-11-2016),Reina83  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    (((Hugs))) for you hon I think you would always wonder if you rushed into it, so I would wait that extra week. You are so much in my thoughts and I will hope and pray that this little bubba sticks. Go gently hon. xx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-11-2016)