+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Possible missed miscarriage

So I went in to see my OB today, currently 8w3d (ovulated between CD17-20) so could just over 7 weeks. At my scan today he couldn't detect a heartbeat, sent me to another place for a more in depth scan. Everything detected again but no heartbeat and baby measuring 6 weeks. OB wants me to have a curette first thing tomorrow morning. I'm a little hesitant, with DD4 I was sent home 4 weeks running and told I will miscarriage, went back and here she was nearly 12 weeks with a perfect beating heart. Had my levels rechecked today and HCG has tripled since my last HCG last Wednesday. I'm not sure if it's wishfully thinking or I'm just kidding myself and should have the curette.
    Has anyone had any similar stories and it turned out good or bad? Is raising HCG a good sign or can hormones increase even with a missed m/c?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hormones can increase after a miscarriage as the placenta keeps growing in saying that though if you aren't happy with accepting what your ob says which I understand there is no harm in waiting a week to see what is happening I would good luck and fingers crossed for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to flowers21 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (31-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Not been in your situation @BabyG4 but can you ask to wait a week and have another scan?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (31-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Possible missed miscarriage

Oh hon I've been in your position & it is heartbreaking. I don't want to get your hopes up, but if are not 100% certain then it won't hurt to wait a week.

There is a website called "Misdiagnosed Miscarriages" where women write in with their stories of being told there was no hope only to end up with a healthy baby on a subsequent scan. Especially if you've had trouble in the past it might be worth just waiting. If you don't have fever or any sign of infection then there is no harm in waiting. Yes hCG can still rise - I had a blighted ovum in one pregnancy & waited 4 weeks to miscarry & it never did happen, the placenta kept growing & I had all my pregnancy symptoms getting stronger, but no baby. I ended up with a D&C at about 12 weeks. I hope you get your miracle xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (31-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies!
    I think I'm going to wait it out one more week. I understand my OB's reasonings for an early D&C, this is my 7th m/c since June 15 and he believes I need a clean out but I don't know what the rush is.
    Thank you for the page @Summer it has been a good read. Sorry to hear your outcome wasn't good I think I know now that it may be over but I just need more time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs seven miscarriages is an absolute tragedy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear. If I were you, I'd wait a week. You just never know if your dates could be out, sometimes the heartbeat doesn't start til later in the 6th week. There is no harm in waiting, even if it is just for peace of mind.

I did have a missed miscarriage however baby was measuring 10 weeks so a little easier to diagnose, but I still demanded a second scan before I went ahead with the procedure.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have not read all the responses. I had a very similar if not the same situation. Dr told me I miscarried. He said he was sorry, bla bla. Go home to try again.... I was bedside myself. I didn't want to believe it. Told me to organise things....
    Outcome.... I was pregnant all along. I was measuring small...and always did on my u/s.

Good luck

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had this with my first pregnancy although it didn't work my hcg still rose but only slowly. The bleeding was on/off heavy though. Miscarriage at 10wks then 12 wks

BUT

Pregnancy no 6 ! I was bleeding at 6wks. Went for exam no heartbeat even with internal scan. Went back a week later for another internal scan, bleeding had stopped and BOOM heartbeat I was measuring smaller st 5 wks. Now have a 16wk DS.

I'd wait a week then go back for another scan and make sure it's an internal one it's more accurate

16. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all of your responses. Knowing some of you have been in similar situation has made my decision to wait a little easier. Sorry to hear some weren't the best outcomes I'm not getting my hopes up but I do think I need more time.