I find it important to contribute to our family financially. For me it is also very important to be able to support myself! What if DP was injured and could no longer work? What if he passed away? Left? I wanted to leave?
I by no means am a big earner but I feel relieved knowing I could support my family solely if need be. I come from a single parent family so maybe that's why.
Also I 100% love the adult interaction, mental stimulation and continued learning/improving of skills.
I love it, and if the only way to stay in my profession was to do it for free I would.
Last edited by DJ Nette; 31-10-2016 at 21:09.
I hate my job but I love going to work.
What motivates me?...
- keeping my career alive
- me time
- great colleagues (makes up for having the worst boss ever)
- feel like I'm contributing in some way other than being a mum and a wife
- social interaction
- I get to eat and pee and poop in peace
- DS gets to spend time with his grandparents one day a week
- a reason to do my hair and make up and dress in something not so daggy
Little Miss Sunshine (03-11-2016)
For me it's about keeping my career alive, the chance to work in an interesting job, helping others and meeting lovely people.
Juggling work is with children is hard but this thread has given me some perspective as to why work is good for me.
Honestly, I hate my job and only stick it out to provide to the best of my ability for my son. I wouldn't mind a new job but I don't think I would last as a SAHM, would be great for a week or two though.
- necessity $$ to pay bills
- necessity - I would go nuts if I was home with the kids 24/7
- need to be mentally challenged
- need to make a difference/impact in the world
Probably not what you're looking for; but if I could stay at home til my youngest was in full time care/school then I would. It's unlikely we will be able to afford this but it's my ideal situation. I intent to continue my career once they aren't home every day.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!