+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stopping clexane injections at 12w

I've been on clexane since I found out I was pregnant and have been told by my OB to stop at 12w. I've had 3 early unexplained miscarriages last year and was put on a whole lot of medication as a precaution. I'm currently 12+5 and am scared to stop the injections! My baby is growing perfectly and I don't want to do anything to jeopardise that especially because I feel like the clexane is what's gotten me to this point. I am currently waiting on some mthfr test results to come back but otherwise had no abnormal results.
    Anyway I was wondering if anyone has any stories of stopping clexane at 12 weeks and everything was fine? Or should I just keep going with them and deal with the awkward conversation with my OB when he notices the bruises, haha!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS wanted me to stop at 12W, but my OB insisted on continuing for the entire pregnancy - plus refered me on to a physician - who increased the dose and did a million different tests on me.
    I would have been too scared to stop at 12 weeks. Perhaps talk it through with your OB, suggesting waiting till your gene testing comes back at least, or ask for a referral to a physician

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were you on the clexane when they did all these tests? The reason I ask is because I was when they did them the first time nothing showed up. Stopped and was off for 8weeks after my daughter was stillborn and the mthfr gene showed up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes i was on clexane when i had my tests - they tested for antibodies (of all varieties), clotting factors, DNA of antibodies - for gene identification - i had positive ANA, & the MTHFR gene

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I was on Clexane when I had the test done too! I only had the mthfr one done, I had other tests done before I was preg but they all came back normal. Firstly, I am SO sorry for your loss @MaybeBabyIVF Can't even imagine what it's like to go through something like that. Secondly, you've officially freaked me out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm curious about this as well because I'm on baby aspirin for MTHFR mutation (the less problematic of the two types) that could cause clotting. I'm really reluctant to come off the aspirin but will need to as I approach my due date. I'm so worried about a still birth because of it. Bubs been doing so well I don't want to stuff it up by stopping my aspirin! I'm nearly 31 weeks now and have been on it the whole time (except for a few days were I've missed it here and there).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tortise- I've been told to stop a week ahead - easy for me with planned section. It is such a small dose tho - so chances of it causing major bleeding issue is low.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazzy36 For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (31-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on aspirin too and have been told I'm to keep going until 36 weeks. Man this stuff is stressful!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    I'm curious about this as well because I'm on baby aspirin for MTHFR mutation (the less problematic of the two types) that could cause clotting. I'm really reluctant to come off the aspirin but will need to as I approach my due date. I'm so worried about a still birth because of it. Bubs been doing so well I don't want to stuff it up by stopping my aspirin! I'm nearly 31 weeks now and have been on it the whole time (except for a few days were I've missed it here and there).
    Hey hun. I'm on the aspirin too as I have a family history of APS, same thing causes clotting and is notorious for causing miscarriage, stillborns etc. both my aunties unfortunately suffered stillborns because of it. Even though I have been tested and don't have it as such, they are still treating me as if I do.

The first midwife I saw at 12 weeks said to stop taking the aspirin then and there, I pretty much refused and asked to be seen by an obstetrician. Another midwife told me to stop at 34 weeks. I now see obstetricians only and they have said that baby aspirin is fine to take up until birth as it isn't as "strong" as clexane, heparin etc. My ob said not to worry and I'll be fine, and that he would prefer me to continue taking it up until 6 weeks postpartum.

I'm 35 weeks now.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post: