+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default DH job issue

DH has been employed for 12 months now and hasn't been paid overtime etc they wanted to pay time off instead of $$ but that isn't part of his EBA. He's on different area and haven't put him on new EBA either. so after months of requesting with manager, second manager. He has gone to union I am feeling anxious as last time he got boot for standing up for himself.

Are u meant to just get treated like crap these days? This is serious question. He arrives 15 min early to set himself up etc puts in so much effort he loves his job. It's affecting our home life so much we are wanting to move back home but obviously it's not that easy he would need job Etc I don't know what to do. I suggest he should be manager he doesn't feel confident enough? He manages apprentices. Ok what am I missing can some BH's help.

I'm not sleeping due to stress ds needs helps therapies etc and this isn't helping. I feel like I could chuck it all in hubby has been crying and all won't goto GP I'm so stressed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Most places you can't earn overtime unless it's been prior approved by management. Has me been asked to work extra or is he just doing it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You sure he's not covered by an EBA? That sounds a bit weird?

Sorry this is so stressful for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    What does his contract say about overtime? That would be my first point of call. Some jobs unfortunately don't pay over time (which I think is pathetic) so I'd first check that he is entitled to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Most places you can't earn overtime unless it's been prior approved by management. Has me been asked to work extra or is he just doing it
    This. I don't get paid overtime. Is he asked to? Was he told he would get paid and now doesn't? What does his contract state regarding overtime?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No he is not doing over time without being asked. But the other day he did training and sent time sheet off for OT and they said no please thats not OT and made him sign 38 hrs even though he did it on site. Etc. 40 hours over time dating back to Australia Day beginning of year and they said they pay time in leui EG if he wants a rdo etc but when I found plumbing EBA etc I saw that wasn't what happens! But legally he has rdo already.

Sorry @VicPark he is meant to be on new EBA but they haven't put him on it even though all new clients are and he's been there longest. Company is divided by construction &a servicing so two different kinds I'm not good at these sorts of things. I can't find much for tassie but mainland I can.

Please don't quote I will delete. I'm not talking ridiculous amounts OT I'm just talking things he is entitled too EG if he drives XYZ also if he flies somewhere things like that then sometimes meals aren't provided for few day stay. I hope I am making sense sorry I am so tired

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't compare to an EBA found on the net, have a look at the exact one he signed when he started the job. If he hasn't been put on a new one, then use the old one that he signed. As for meals, check the EBA and/or company policies to see if he is entitled to a per diem for food or if he should be submitting an expense claim with receipts etc for the food he purchased.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (31-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he is a member then definitely contact his union.... There are probably other workmates in the same boat. If they aren't paying one worker correctly then it's likely others will also be getting underpaid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also - to check his actual EBA go on to the Fair Work Commission website, under agreements and search his employers name to find the exact one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinklise View Post
    If he is a member then definitely contact his union.... There are probably other workmates in the same boat. If they aren't paying one worker correctly then it's likely others will also be getting underpaid.
    Yes two people have quit but they don't have kids etc they are young lads I guess we bit nervous as we would be having go back SA & DH didn't have work for a while. Sort of don't care though as I'm struggling with DS. Does work trump mental health