+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    no advice re cars - but in terms of financing you are definitely better off adding the debt to your home loan rather than getting specific loan for a car as the interest rates for home loans are substantially less .... but that is only the case if you you increase the repayments.

You will have more cash available because you are not having the $210pw car loan ... so if you consolidate your loans, and put this money (or at least a good portion of it) towards your home loan, you will pay your overall debt off much sooner.
    That's what I thought our mortgage repayments are half of car it's us renting interstate that is killing us right now I've considered dropping phi but DS needs it if we run out funding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I agree with others, look at selling it privately. I usually sell my cars privately but I wanted my 4wd gone so traded it. Traded it in for $54k and they went and sold it for $65k. Kicking myself now argh!
    Proper car loan's aren't too bad now, depending on who you go through you could get a really good interest rate.
    I don't really care as long as the trade in covers the existing loan so we can start fresh I don't have time to sell etc I don't even have time to look at various cars with DS I will get two days to do things our mechanic recommended Subaru too but there fuel consumption was way too high

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A trade in will almost never cover the loan. A car will depreciate quicker than a loan.

How much is your car selling on car sales right now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    A trade in will almost never cover the loan. A car will depreciate quicker than a loan.

How much is your car selling on car sales right now?
    38-45

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is the 34 owing how much you have on your loan or the payout figure?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I don't really care as long as the trade in covers the existing loan so we can start fresh I don't have time to sell etc I don't even have time to look at various cars with DS I will get two days to do things our mechanic recommended Subaru too but there fuel consumption was way too high
    Which Subaru? The XV is awesome on fuel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    Is the 34 owing how much you have on your loan or the payout figure?
    Pay out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Which Subaru? The XV is awesome on fuel.
    Was looking at the 6 seater one can't remember name sorry! I will look up that one I wanted 7 seater but nothing in our budget

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Trade in would not get that figure. Go into a dealership and ask them. You will get a ballpark figure. It will not change much but at least you know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you have the time, definitely sell privately.