Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Trigger warning. Dreamworld tragedy

http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...l-stuns-police

This is such a tragedy, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since it happened yesterday. As a Queenslander I've spent so many happy days at Dreamworld and especially on this particular ride.

My heart is broken for the families and loved ones of the victims, especially their children. Imagine planning a happy day out and it ending like this so so sad..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I cried and cried last night when I read about it. I've been on that ride so many times, I guess it really hit close to home. So heartbreaking. Those poor kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm also really feeling this one. It's shocking and so devastating. Innocent family fun turned into a worst nightmare.

To think family witnessed it happen is incomprehensible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So terribly, terribly tragic. I think so many people will be touched by this tragedy as so many of us have spent many wonderful and happy times at Dreamworld. I choke up every time there is a news bulletin for this, it is so very sad.

My heart goes out to the families and also to the emergency crews who attended.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just saw a headline on Facebook that someone stole the wallet and the phone of the husband as he frantically tried to save his wife. Some people deserve all the bad karma that comes their way and I hope that grubby thief gets it all.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (26-10-2016),wobbleyhorse  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I just saw a headline on Facebook that someone stole the wallet and the phone of the husband as he frantically tried to save his wife. Some people deserve all the bad karma that comes their way and I hope that grubby thief gets it all.
    It doesn't get much lower than that - beyond disgraceful.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (26-10-2016),HearMeRoar  (26-10-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (26-10-2016),wobbleyhorse  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been constantly thinking about this. I love Dreamworld and especially that ride.
    Dd wants to go for her birthday but now I dont know. Even though we will be atound the kids area and waterpark.

Has anyone spoken to their kids about it? My dd is 7 and she doesnt know yet but Im sure she will hear about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't have kids (yet) but I wouldn't let this stop me from going to Dreamworld. It was a freak accident that happened, with a tragic outcome. According to this engineer, you are more likely to win Division 1 lotto than be killed in an accident like this one.

http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/n...div-lotto-win/

I doubt the ride involved will ever be operational again, but there are still loads of rides there to go on. I would maybe just let your DD know that there was a horrible accident there and that 4 people lost their lives. Reassure her that it is highly unlikely to ever happen again and that it is her choice if she still wants to go to Dreamworld for her birthday.

If we stopped doing everything because there had been a horrible accident, no one would drive cars or fly in planes ever again.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (26-10-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont intend to never go back there but perhaps not when we were originally going to go.
    I realise we are more likely to die in a car accident on the 4 hour round trip than on a ride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There have been lots of people on social media saying that they'll never be back, they want refunds for their annual passes etc. I guess I was more responding to that in my mind than directly responding to you personally. It's a really weird/eerie situation.

How soon is your DDs birthday? If it was next week then I could totally understand the hesitation. If it was a couple of months away then maybe just see how you and your DD feel about it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (26-10-2016)