+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    My daughter is Reese until she was 2 we hadn't met any other little girls with the same name but then bam in one year we met 3! But honestly it's never worried us or her she loves her name. DS1 and DS2 (Cameron and Charlie) weren't common names for boys when we picked them but seem to be coming out more and more and still doesn't worry us. As long as you and your DH love the name then that's all that matters.
    P.S I have been following your pregnancy diary and can not wait to see what you are having
    Just wanted to say I love all of your kids names!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Just wanted to say I love all of your kids names!!
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread made me google the top 20 names the year my son was born and his name wasn't listed but it's in the top 5 on the list in this thread . DD is never on any list lol

Honestly I don't think it matters. Just choose a name you love .

IMO choosing names is THE hardest thing to do and the lists just make it harder

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly did not even look at how popular my kids names were when i was choosing them. My older boys (age 22 and 20) i had my heart set on so just went with it. My third boy is a very popular name and yes he does have another one of the same name in his class. My daughters name i thought was popular but just checked Bub Hubs list of names and it didn't even make it!! My hubby had his heart set on this name as soon as we found out we were having a girl. I would just go with what ever you love as eventually you will most probably come accross another person with the same name

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SammiJane For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-editor View Post
    hi - sorry for dropping in but I just wanted to post this link to our own article which does show the top 100 with actual numbers as well as rankings. Hope this helps! This is the current list from all the babies born in 2015.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blog...ustralia-2015/
    I find it so fascinating that the top names only have a few thousand occurrences! I would have thought it would be much more than that. You learn something new every day :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bwrlab View Post
    I find it so fascinating that the top names only have a few thousand occurrences! I would have thought it would be much more than that. You learn something new every day :-)
    Only a few thousand occurrences... but clearly they all live in the same suburb as us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was looking at the enrollments for Prep next year to see if I knew anyone, and there were 5 Isabellas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bwrlab View Post
    Hi - yes, it is quite surprising and a few years ago they made the point that this is because people are choosing from a wider range of names these days and people are looking for less common names: http://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blog...ralia-in-2013/