+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, we told our family's, not by choice really I had emergency surgery and on e they knew what happened they knew IVF was our only option. However it's a choice only you and hubby can make. Sometimes I fell overwhelmed with all the questions they ask but at the same time it's nice to have their support

2. The Following User Says Thank You to karavika For This Useful Post:

nervous86  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My parents, sister, Aunty (very close ), boss and a couple friends knew we where going through IVF for years as we had struggled to conceive naturally and with IVF. I had quite a few health issues and dp had a low count & also they went backwards not forwards. So he started taking male menevit which improved his count & they started going forward but IVF still failed for us. We did get pregnant in the end and it was natural off a failed round

Telling people is a very personal choice and one you hope they will understand and support you through your journey

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

nervous86  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nervous86 View Post
    @mummymaybe how did your ER go??
    I had mine today. My heads still fuzzy and incision sites are sore, but other than that I'm doing OK :-) hope you are too. Xx
    Thanks for checking in @nervous86 EPU was good 17 in total and 7 are still going.

Did you do a transabdominal pickup? That must have been painful, how many eggs did you get?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummymaybe 17 is great! and come on you 7! how many fertilised on day 1?

I did have the laparoscopic for the right side yeah a bit sore but nothing i cant handle, and TV for the left side, so prodded and poked all over!

The FS estimated that I would have 5-6 mature eggs because of my estrogen level. but we went ahead anyway.

18 in total was what i was told in recovery, which i thought was great then i remembered that they wont all be mature, but i just got my call from the lab.
    16 were mature (not quite the 5 or 6 predicted) and 12 have fertilised with ICSI. so here's hoping.
    Last edited by nervous86; 27-10-2016 at 14:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummymaybe, Hi love, just wondering how you're going? did you have ET and have some frosties? how are you surviving the TWW?

Last edited by nervous86; 03-11-2016 at 07:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my first IVF cycle and I have told family and friends, and a couple of work mates. I think its important for people to talk about infertility / IVF and not to be so hush hush. I am a little worried that if this cycle fails I'm going to be too upset to tell them, but at the same time I do want to talk about it rather than keeping it bottled up. It makes me feel better to know that people care. And it stops the "Hurry up and have a baby!" remarks!

To be honest, I get a little upset if someone knows about it and doesn't ask me how I'm going. The other day I was at a party and there were 3 pregnancy announcements, so everyone was sitting there talking about their pregnancies and children, everyone knew I was doing IVF but not one person asked how I was going. I found it pretty rude considering I had to sit there listening to their baby talk most of the night! I don't know if it's because they don't care, or if they just don't want to upset me. (These aren't just random people either, one of them is my sister in law). Everyone is different though, I think it's up to you if you want to tell people or not.