+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I thought I was in labor but totally wasn't ....then I was and now I have a baby boy!!

But not sure if it's super early labour or if things will just speed up really quickly any minute...

Started around 7.30pm, really nauseous, stomach aches, headaches, shivering.. Lay down to sleep for an hour, woke up around 9pm, took some Panadol and within 5 minutes had a massive vomit, I've also been running to the bathroom numerous times through the night, and have had very strong braxton hicks (initially I thought they were cramps from food poisoning, but the only thing I threw up was home made fresh salad and plain rice I cooked for dinner)..

I called the birthing suite and asked them what to do and they said to time the cramps (contractions).. I said I thought they were way too mild to be contractions, but did it anyway and they were about 4 mins apart on average but not strong/painful.

Called them back an hour later, and I said I would try to sleep, but I totally can't sleep.. that was 2.5hrs ago.. It's 1.30am and I have mild lower back pain, lots of tightenings, still feeling a bit nauseous, a bit of reflux.. Baby is making all kinds of weird movements..

I can't believe I might actually be in labour.. I'm waiting for things to get more intense or waters to break or just to fall asleep would be nice! But I'm too keyed up and uncomfortable

Do you girls think this is early labour, false labour, real labour or what? How much longer could this go on for?

So tired

2. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (23-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could be early labour as I definitely was throwing up but that was after my water broke. if you can still feel bub moving then I assume he/she hasn't dropped into your pelvis yet.
    Have you had a shower? I know that would provide me with relief from Braxton hicks and calm me enough to get some sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply! Yes I did have a shower after I threw up.. That was around 9pm. The contractions are getting stronger. I must have dozed off for a while but just woke up now from them.. It's not "painful" yet but stronger than it was 2 hours ago..

I've tested positive for group b strep, so I'm not sure how long I should actually wait at home if this is labour..

Baby hasn't dropped yet, at least I don't think he has

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1477156104.901943.jpg
    First pic was around midnight and second pic just now at 4am... Baby has dropped I think.. I'm over lying down in bed trying to sleep, so I'm pacing around the room. Good times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Gosh I'm so excited for you!!!

I threw up in my first labour but I was almost at the pushing stage. She didn't "engage" til I went into labour.

My labours were really easy to tell. First my waters broke. With both, I went from mild cramps to having contractions minutes apart in a very short space of time.

Hope you get some rest and good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (23-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Mamasupial ❤️
    I think I'm in for a long labour (again)..
    Contractions are frequent but not strong enough for me to say "let's go to hospital"..
    They are like period pain, combined with that braxton hicks sensation. Maybe a 3-4/10 discomfort level.. It was about 1/10 6 hours ago so something is definitely happening... Just very very slowly.
    And I'm soooo thirsty! My mouth is constantly dry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I think I'm in labour ..

Definitely labor, sounds very much like the beginning of my labor with ds1. I didn't vomit but had an upset stomach and kept thinking I had to poo but really it was contractions. Took me a couple hours to decide they were and called my ob's midwife, they were about 5 mins apart but only 20 secs long so she said I probably had a day or two and to go about my day as normal. Got ready for an OB appt I had booked and by the time I got to that they were stronger, he examined me and I was already 5cm! Straight to the hospital and DS was born a few hours later at 7pm. So you may not have that long, ds' was 10 hours from when I decided it was contractions and I wasn't sick and 12 hours all up. The pain was pretty mild the first 5cm.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Staying hydrated helps progress your labor so drink up!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    An exciting 24hrs awake you. Sounds like labour to me and looking at the picture you put up you e definately dropped quite a bit.

As for strep b what did the birthing suite say about it and when to come in to get put on antibiotics

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hospital said as long as they get in 1 dose of abx before Bub is born it will be fine..

Contractions are getting stronger. Much stronger.