+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low HCG levels

Looking to read some positive stories from ppl who have been in a similair situation to me.

My cycles are generally about 30 days and i tend to ovulate later in my cycle...anywhere between CD17 to CD20. Last period was 12 September.

Got a BFP last Thursday (after 14 months of trying😊😊) a faint line but definitely a line. So going on my last period and the Baby Centre app...I'm 5wks 5days. I got bloods done the next day..the Friday, and the results the day after that. Results came back at 31 which the dr said is not consistent with the gestational period going on my last . He wasn't too concerned yet, as he said womens levels can vary greatly in the 1st weeks...but did send me for a retest, told me to come back the following Friday (yesterday) to get bloods done again and see if the levels have increased.
    Got the results today and they came back as 505....so increased yes but I'm worried that the numbers are still low. The chart says my levels are consistent with being 3-4 weeks pregnant rather than 5-6 weeks.

Dr said he won't send me for a re-test and is happy to now leave it with my OB who I'll see in about 3 weeks.

I have also taken 2 other pregnancy tests during the week and each was darker than the one before.

I'm trying not to overthink the numbers...I'm thinking that it could be that I'm not as far a long as 5wks 5 days as i ovulate late and that's why my numbers are low....but you just never know!! I never had a blood test to confirm my 1st pregnancy so these numbers are doing my head in.

Anyone had a similair experience and everything turned out fine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh...re: symptoms..sensitive/sore nipples and my breasts feel quite swollen....but nothing else at this stage. Super tired and lazy today but that could just me the crappy Melbourne weather lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your levels seem to be more than doubling every 48 hours which is great. I honestly wouldn't be concerned if everything is traveling along fine.
    As for levels and weeks, there is a massive scale. For 4 weeks they can be between 5-426 and at 5 weeks 18-7340. You'll have some people that are on the lower end of the scale, I am one of those and others on the top end of the scale who aren't having multiples.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

missmizchelle  (22-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As for being tired and lazy that's a huge sign of early pregnancy. I'm currently 7w2d, need a nap after a kids party today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the reassurance @BabyG4 i guess i just have to remember all our bodies are so different. I remember my last pregnancy nothing kicked in till 7 weeks besides my boobs...but now i have a 3.5yo toddler to tire me out lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @missmizchelle how did you get on? Did you work out how far along you actually are?
    My LMP was 13/9 and my cycles are usually 33-36 days long and I also ovulate late in my cycle.
    I went to my GP on the day I calculated would be 7 weeks as I was bleeding and she sent me for a scan.... turns out I was only 5w4d based on the size of my yolk sack and my HCG was 6000 the same day. I am now 6w1d and HCG is 11740 which is consistent with how early I am.
    Damn these long cycles and ovulating late screwing with our dates and heads hahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Low HCG levels

Quote Originally Posted by missmizchelle View Post
    Looking to read some positive stories from ppl who have been in a similair situation to me.

My cycles are generally about 30 days and i tend to ovulate later in my cycle...anywhere between CD17 to CD20. Last period was 12 September.

Got a BFP last Thursday (after 14 months of trying) a faint line but definitely a line. So going on my last period and the Baby Centre app...I'm 5wks 5days. I got bloods done the next day..the Friday, and the results the day after that. Results came back at 31 which the dr said is not consistent with the gestational period going on my last . He wasn't too concerned yet, as he said womens levels can vary greatly in the 1st weeks...but did send me for a retest, told me to come back the following Friday (yesterday) to get bloods done again and see if the levels have increased.
    Got the results today and they came back as 505....so increased yes but I'm worried that the numbers are still low. The chart says my levels are consistent with being 3-4 weeks pregnant rather than 5-6 weeks.

Dr said he won't send me for a re-test and is happy to now leave it with my OB who I'll see in about 3 weeks.

I have also taken 2 other pregnancy tests during the week and each was darker than the one before.

I'm trying not to overthink the numbers...I'm thinking that it could be that I'm not as far a long as 5wks 5 days as i ovulate late and that's why my numbers are low....but you just never know!! I never had a blood test to confirm my 1st pregnancy so these numbers are doing my head in.

Anyone had a similair experience and everything turned out fine?
    Firstly congrats! If you ovulate late it's better to use conception date not date of LMP. HCG of 31 would be more consistent with 4 weeks pregnant.
    Last edited by nattie84; 05-11-2016 at 09:54.