+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default royston

Hi Hubbers!

This is my first post and I hope it's appropriate for my first post to be an advertisement! I am recently married (in may hooray!) and me and my wife are considering a family in the near future. I chanced upon this site because of my work (I'll get on to that in a bit) but is happily surprised by the wealth of information and support here! I'm definitely doing some reading tonight!

Before I go off on a tangent, my goal here is to promote a workshop on preconception carrier screening that we (my professor and a few of us) are holding on the 24th of November 2016. Our aim is to share with the public what has been done in this sphere internationally as well as nationally with guest speakers from The Netherlands as well as local speakers from Melbourne/Sydney etc.

Our topics range from why we are interested to focus on a project like preconception carrier screening to the economics of having a screening program. Other topics include what has been done in the Eastern States that WA is currently not offering as well as patient and IVF clincian's perspectives of such a program.

This workshop is open to the public and is free. Our hope is to get as many people involved as possible. This program is part of the Australian Genomics Health Alliance program and will be held at Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research in Nedlands, Perth on 24/11/2016.

Timetable will be confirmed at a later date but we do require a RSVP for catering purposes. Please disseminate to as many of your friends, colleagues and families. We hope to see you there. Please feel free to pm me for more information.

The site for reading is: https://www.australiangenomics.org.au/news-events/events/2016/agha-workshop-2016-reducing-morbidity-and-mortality-from-genetic-disease-through-screening/

Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Royston
    Last edited by Royston; 21-10-2016 at 09:47.