+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will come back to reply as soon as I can. Thank you everyone for replying x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On the bathroom front, this episode of Selling Houses Australia showcases the difference a respray can make:

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/sellin...-oct-season-7/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (22-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is for me personally ok do not take as gospel.

but the bathroom and photo comment is gospel. ok.

First the kitchen is done so thats good. Bathroom unrenovated then thats $10,000 off the price minimum close to $15,000 is realistic. Are the carpets in good condition and neutral tones no funny 70"s colours or swirls. No wood panelling. I personally hate neutral tones on walls but if its not gawdy then thats fine. Is the paint in good condition inside and out? Lawns neat and tidy. Not a whole heap of steps. The more steps to a place the more I would want off the price or I would keep walking. Hills hoist clothes line. Enough space for a veggie patch. I love modern modern modern. In order for me to look at an older style house the price would have to be lower than a modern one, and the place would have to be comfortable. Im a cold frog, ducted heating would be a must. If not ducted heating then i would want that price off. Are the room sizes big? People have stuff these days. All our bedrooms are big in size to fit a queen size bed and have plenty of room to spare.

And photos!!! Are there plenty of photos. If i see a property on the internet and the only photo is the front of house I dont bother. And if I see multiple photos of the same room, i wonder whats wrong with the other parts of the house. I WOULD rather see the bathroom that needs renovations that not see it on a photo because then you know your going to have to attend to that area of the house. And you would also expect the price to reflect that need. If its an 80's gold trimmed bathroom then thats liveable and can wait to be done up in my mind so that wouldn't be so much off the price. If its a 60's pink, blue or green bathroom then that NEEDs doing and would take the whole $10,000 -$15,000 off the price. But photos, photos and photos. And the agents that use the stretched photos that you can tell they have made the rooms look bigger than actual size then Im not impressed immediately assume the room is small and dont bother.

You said it was quirky, then it would appeal to a smaller market. This would also need to be reflected in the price. Look at other similar houses in the town, and recent sales figures to get an idea what they sold for. If your fathers house is in similar condition and be realistic then he can set it at a similar price. If its a bit more worse for wear than it needs to be cheaper.

sincerely
    mystic falls.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What sells a house?

Yeah sorry I think he may have difficulty selling due to the railway line. That is a MASSIVE turn off to most people, regardless of price.

When we were house hunting there was a gorgeous house, great area, insanely low price. Couldn't figure out why it was so cheap. Went to inspect and saw the railway line right behind the back fence (it wasn't mentioned on their site). Just nope.

The house did eventually sell (and for approx 30% less than other houses in the area) but I think it may be awhile finding someone who's willing to look past that. And knowing that in turn you will have difficulty reselling.

So with the railway line, high price, unfurnished rooms, lack of storage, and ****ty carpet I'm not surprised he hasn't sold it yet 😳 and as pp said the longer on the market the harder it'll be, as you ask yourself "well why hasn't anyone else bought it yet?!? What's wrong with it?"

Good luck xx
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 24-10-2016 at 12:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can he just make it a rental for a while?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you to everyone for replying. I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to everyone individually. I really appreciate the replies.

I spoke with my dad about what everyone has mentioned and he has now said he is open to offers. He has had one offer now but he originally said he wasn't even going to consider it but has changed his mind because he has realised he needs to really think about selling it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't like renovated houses so if it's renovated I don't bother looking haha