+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default OB at Sydney Adventist Hospital

Hi there,

does anyone have any OBs they would recommend at Sydney Adventist Hospital (The San) we are currently not in the area but will be moving there when I am 5 months pregnant. If anyone has feedback on The San I would also love to hear from you.

THanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I had my baby at the San in 2015 and had a lovey experience, the maternity unit there is sensational, the care is fantastic – the nurses were really lovely, so caring and very helpful. My OB was Dr Peter Wood and I highly recommend him. Couldn’t fault the San or Dr Wood and hope to have another baby there someday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm having my baby at the SAN and my ob is Dr Andrew Booker. He is very friendly, funny, approachable and is very relaxed/hands off, although maybe he is this way with me because it's my 3rd and I'm "low risk". He was recommended to me from a friend and I couldn't be happier with him. He also is one of the few OB's who will do a water birth, not sure if that's something you're interested in.

The hospital is also beautiful, we did a tour a few weeks ago and the birthing suites and maternity rooms are just stunning. You don't feel like you're in a hospital, all the equipment is hidden away in cabinets. It's a lovely place. Baby is due in 3 weeks so I'm happy to update you on my experience after then

Congratulations, and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently seeing Dr Booker for a second time. He is such a lovely man and will follow your lead on what you want to do. Really relaxed but really thorough. Lets you contact him day or night if you are having a stress attack! His midwife & receptionist are also just so lovely. The San is an amazing hospital too. Congratulations and hope it all goes well for you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SAN Babies and OB

Hi,
    I have had three amazing experiences at the San in 05, 08 and 13. I had Dr Geoff Paul, who only just retired, but I can tell you how wonderful all the midwives and doctors were as a team. We had three very different pregnancies, but always felt well looked after. I know they have just opened up a beautiful new maternity suite, so you will enjoy that I am sure. Good luck with everything. You have made a fantastic choice in the San. The best hospital in Sydney if you ask me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The San or Hornsby Maternity

thanks all for posting really helpful but today I heard some negative comments about recent changes to The San and I am just wondering if anyone has thoughts on Hornsby Hospital as a private patient? I have heard that with its new maternity ward is is now better than The San not sure if it is true I guess its up to personal opinion but if you have any experience with Hornsby please let me know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gully View Post
    thanks all for posting really helpful but today I heard some negative comments about recent changes to The San and I am just wondering if anyone has thoughts on Hornsby Hospital as a private patient? I have heard that with its new maternity ward is is now better than The San not sure if it is true I guess its up to personal opinion but if you have any experience with Hornsby please let me know.
    What negative things did you hear about the SAN? Curious to know!

The Hornsby maternity ward was built around 5 years ago. I don't think they would have done another renovation recently, certainly not in a public hospital.

If you are a private patient in a public hospital I'm not sure you will be able to stay for very long after you have your baby. I'm happy to be corrected here, but if it's the "new" aspect that attracts you, that will be irrelevant if you only stay in the hospital for 12-24 hrs after baby comes.

As I said in the other thread, my friend had 2 babies at Hornsby and she didn't have any complaints, but my brother & his wife had their baby at the SAN in 2014 and they loved their experience too.

Personally, I really don't like Hornsby hospital and if I had an emergency I would be going to the SAN or even get driven to royal north shore rather than risk going to Hornsby. But that's not the maternity, which is a completely different building.

Good luck with whatever you decide!