+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Aus Story- Sally FAulkner

Did anyone see this last night?

I remember the story from when they were arrested in Lebanon.

I found watching her story last night really upsetting.

I honestly feel like if I was in her position I would do the same as she did.

And what is the ex's long term plan? When the kids are old enough to google they're going to find out what really happened. Such a sad story for them and the mother.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

There was a similar story many years ago when a Malaysian price (or was it Thai?) took his two kids overseas and the mother didn't see them again until they were 18 when her daughter found her on social media. As he was royalty it was a very delicate situation and the Australian government wouldn't touch it.

Heartbreaking.

I just don't understand the mentality behind it. Your hatred for someone clouding what is best for your kids. Hurting them to hurt someone else.

I haven't watched it yet - it is a 2 parter on Australian story- I plan to watch it with many tissues on hand. I have read the synopsis behind it though so familiar with her story and content.

She'll be lucky to see them again before they are adults I hope the father (or his mother) come around and realise the damage they are causing the kids. Unlikely though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for posting this. I'll try and watch today. I feel for mother. For her ex to take her kids is cruel. She won't see them again before they are adults. He's an American Lebanese citizen he knew what he was doing from the beginning and he has plan to let them reunite at all.

The Hague convention protects kids of they are kidnapped but only to certain countries and Lebanon isn't one of them hence why the Australian government couldn't assist in getting the kids back

As for the case that @Little Miss Sunshine was referring to it was Jacqueline Gillespie (pascarl now) she was born in Aust and married a Malaysian prince they had 2 kids and in 1992 he took the kids and didn't bring them back. It was 14 yrs before she saw them again when the daughter was 20 and the son (not sure of age).

Lebanon nor Malaysia are on the list hence the government cannot intervene

This is the list

http://www.diyfamilylawaustralia.com...countries.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagu...hild_Abduction

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2006/s1611503.htm

Last link is the Gillespie transcript from 2006

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Heartbreaking.
    But i try to keep this in perspective, we don't know his side of the story.

Never the less, those phone calls when the kids were crying were sheer torture to listen to.

Ps. I'd try and try again if I was her. Every ounce of my being would try to get them back until I died.

Eta: I wonder why she decided to talk to the media again. Not sure that's the best idea on her part.
    Last edited by misho; 18-10-2016 at 08:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think talking to the media is maybe all she feels she can do.

When somethings online it's there forever, if I was her I would try to get as much press as possible. As pp said I don't think she'll see them again before they're adults. Atleast this way they'll be able to see for themselves that she wanted them back

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (19-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Heartbreaking.

Ps. I'd try and try again if I was her. Every ounce of my being would try to get them back until I died.
    Usually I'd agree with this, but she now has another baby she is also responsible for. After what occurred last time, with the very real threat of being jailed in a foreign country, it would be too great a risk for me, the last thing you want is yet another child without her mother.
    It would be a long, heartbreaking wait but I hope she can take some solace that one day the kids will be adults, and thanks to the internet and social media they will all be together again one day. At least they are being cared for.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 18-10-2016 at 09:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Usually I'd agree with this, but she now has another baby she is also responsible for. After what occurred last time, with the very real threat of being jailed in a foreign country, it would be too great a risk for me, the last thing you want is yet another child without her mother.
    It would be a long, heartbreaking wait but I hope she can take some solace that one day the kids will be adults, and thanks to the internet and social media they will all be together again one day. At least they are being cared for.
    Yes, good point.

Forgot about the baby.

Sigh.. What to do. I think I'd still try. And hence not speak to the media to try and get him to think I'd given up.

It's interesting that he issued a media statement this morning. I wonder if the media approached him for comment, or whether he has someone here who is watching her closely (obviously a Tv show would draw attention easily).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did hear though that she originally took the children without permission when bringing them from Lebanon to Australia. They are as bad as each other, imo.

It's such a sad story and one which I can't see ever being resolved.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (18-10-2016),yadot  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia111 View Post
    I did hear though that she originally took the children without permission when bringing them from Lebanon to Australia. They are as bad as each other, imo.

It's such a sad story and one which I can't see ever being resolved.
    She couldn't leave Lebanon without his permission, he was fine with them returning to Australia. He lied about that like he/ his family lied about his mother being threatened at gunpoint when they were initially arrested

Eta also don't agree that they're as bad as each other as when she had the kids here they still had a relationship with their dad and he visited often, aswell as Skype. He won't let her have any contact with them now
    Last edited by yadot; 18-10-2016 at 10:44.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    She couldn't leave Lebanon without his permission, he was fine with them returning to Australia. He lied about that like he/ his family lied about his mother being threatened at gunpoint when they were initially arrested

Eta also don't agree that they're as bad as each other as when she had the kids here they still had a relationship with their dad and he visited often, aswell as Skype. He won't let her have any contact with them now
    Some people like to use this case as an example of how we take the mothers side but I think you are right it's not about her being the mum he has cut her off completely from her children with no proper legal force being her. TBH I don't know full story either and I'm sure there are some mistakes on her part but taking them to Lebanon and not returning, knowing that would rob her of any rights is inexcusable. I feel so sorry for the little girl too that she might grow up in that country with their attitude to women and disregard for international law.
    And him coming on and saying he doesn't want to comment and it's all about what's best for the kids!?! Thing is that if she didn't allow him access to the kids in Australia he would have legal recourse to fight that. But taking them to Lebanon she lost all her rights. I can totally understand her desperation.
    He sounds like a controlling, arrogant bully

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (19-10-2016),chameleon  (19-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-10-2016),yadot  (19-10-2016)