+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default List of what my fussy 3 year old eats. Help!

So today I wrote down exactly all the different kinds of food my 3 year old will eat and there honestly isn't that much! Ever since he was 18 months old he has been sooo fussy. Vegetables are basically non existent as you can see, unless they are in those organic mashed up food pouches or blended into smoothies etc. (And nope he won't even eat puree if I make it for him, will only be specific pouches from the store!).
    Meat is also a struggle. He will eat it occasionally but it REALLY has to be forced. Dinner will often end with me just giving him weet bix and banana or porridge.
    He literally will not touch anything like pasta, spag bol, ricr, casseroles etc (basically anything that I cook myself for tea).
    He is a big healthy boy who rarely gets sick and was breastfed till 2.5 so I'm not too concerned about him health wise but I'm sure he must be missing some essential nutrients and I don't want these bad habits to carry on too much longer.

Please help me with what I can do to help improve his eating? And someone please tell me I'm not the only one with a 3 year old like this lol
    I've attached the list I made as a pics so you can all see what he eats.
    (He doesn't eat all of that on one day, just one or two things from each heading if that makes sense).

Thank you!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default List of what my fussy 3 year old eats. Help!

Your ds eats a bigger range than my dd1 who is 3 (almost 4) and fussy as.

She eats -
    toast (not sandwiches), toasted cheese sandwiches (but not cheese on its own), some cereals, plain pasta, mac n cheese, cruskits with cheese spread. She will eat chicken mcbites from maccas. She now even refuses hot chips unless they are from maccas (at least they were a potato so technically a vegie). Yogurt pouches (no bits). Ice cream. Occasionally ham. Jatz. Can maybe have tiny piece of carrot or cucumber but usually refuses- usually once a fortnight.

No fruit. No vegies. No meat (apart from chicken bites). She exists on carbs, dairy and air. Never eats 3 meals in a day. Very small appetite.

I use wonder white bread as it's fortified with vitamins and minerals. She will drink milo. Cereal is also fortified with vitamins and minerals.

Seriously. That list is freaking it. At least she's a cheap feed!

She also refuses to eat at daycare. She'll go 9-3 without any food happily.

I hope that makes you feel better!

Frustratingly dd2 seems to heading in a similar direction.

So obviously no advice to help you!

ETA: I breastfed her till she was 2. I'm tiny too (43kg and size 6) so no real concerns about her size, she's just tiny but happy and active. Never sick.

Additional: I forgot pancakes. Plain
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 15-10-2016 at 11:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMS - I'm so glad I'm not the only one struggling with a fussy eater, all my friends seem to have kids that are the best eaters ever!!! It's so frustrating isn't it. But you're right at least they're a cheap feed haha. I'm due with no 2 in 4 weeks and praying that he will be a better eater than his big brother!
    Interestingly, the friends I have that have good eaters were all formula fed, and a lot of people I've heard that breastfeed seem to have a bit fussier eaters so I wonder if there's any link with that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamatotwo View Post
    Interestingly, the friends I have that have good eaters were all formula fed, and a lot of people I've heard that breastfeed seem to have a bit fussier eaters so I wonder if there's any link with that
    My DS was breastfeed and is a great eater. DD also breastfeed and at nearly 7yo is an incredibly painful eater - no fruit whatsoever, veggies are a battle. If she had her way she'd eat cheese, savoy crackers, plain bread and savoury shapes all day. We have good days and bad days but the paediatrician was adamant that we not get into a fight with her over it and being more attention to it. So we tell her she has to eat two bites of a particular vegetable or something and if she won't then there is nothing else to eat. Sometimes it works, sometimes there are tears.