+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default What are you wearing today?

Post your selfies of what you're wearing today. Get feedback on an outfit you aren't sure about, help us not quite there with fashion people out a bit.

My outfit today I have an image in my head of what I'm wanting to look like but just not sure I'm pulling it off, it maybe needs a tweak....

IMG_1476486993.247730.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @A-Squared I think it would look better with a plain pencil skirt, maybe in black? There just seems to be too much going on at the front.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have a similar skirt and I wear it with a plain stripe tshirt. if the bottom has a little going on I leave the top simple.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I look like a dork today (not that I care).
    Denim shorts, my blue Colorado boots and a hot pink (but filthy and covered in paint stains) RM Williams button up work shirt. Pretty standard attire here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_1476488590.442846.jpg

Adding a photo so I can be a baseline comparison for everyone else to feel better hahahah. Taken by my Mr6, and I clearly hate photos of me haha

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (15-10-2016),Melh13  (01-11-2016),Mod-Uniquey  (15-10-2016),Redcorset  (15-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am breaking all bh fashion sins today with my sheer shirt and bright coloured bra underneath...but I like it 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Attachment 85189

Adding a photo so I can be a baseline comparison for everyone else to feel better hahahah. Taken by my Mr6, and I clearly hate photos of me haha
    Never fear. I can guarantee I look worse right now in ancient grey trackie pants and a green and white striped T Shirt and no bra. (wore it to bed last night and haven't am working my up to shower and get dressed to go out).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A-squared, I think the top needs to be broken up with a block colour, preferably black or even a chunky black belt, but ideally a black pencil skirt as the grey and the gathering on the skirt don't quite go together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @A-Squared I think the knot on the top and the twist in the skirt don't quite sit well together. I have a similar skirt in black which I love but find it so hard to pair it with a top. I generally go for something patterned/plain bright colour and tuck it in otherwise the skirt looks bulky under the bottom of the top. Would you feel comfortable tucking a top in to the skirt? Think the skirt needs a stronger colour/black top too. The shirt would look great with cream Capri pants I think?
    But here is me for the day - ain't no way I should be giving fashion advice haha. My spring uniform of tee, jeans and Birkenstocks! When summer comes replace the jeans with shorts/Capri jeans haha. But I am loving my new tee - it says 'note this: party forever boyfriend whatever' I know I'm too old and MARRIED for it but I so would have worn this in my 20s so I thought why not
    IMG_1476494289.193584.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Post your selfies of what you're wearing today. Get feedback on an outfit you aren't sure about, help us not quite there with fashion people out a bit.

My outfit today I have an image in my head of what I'm wanting to look like but just not sure I'm pulling it off, it maybe needs a tweak....

Attachment 85188
    that top and skirt do not go at all. style, colour and the ruching/tie front are just not working.

if you want to keep the top I'd go a bottoms in a darker colour, like a black plain pencil skirt or black leggings or black/dark grey skinny jeans.

if you wish to retain the skirt, I'd go a dark top, something basic and fitted. I'm also wondering whether the denim shirt could be worn undone and open (like a shirt version of a denim jacket) with like a fitted black singlet top underneath? actually please try that combo and post a pic, I really think that would work.