+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Not completely the same but a friends child had a peanut allergy as a toddler and has outgrown it. She now has to eat a certain amount of cashews a week to prevent it coming back.
    Eats cashews to prevent peanut allergy coming back? Do you mean peanuts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Outgrowing peanut allergy

How exciting!! Ds1 (2.5) had a reaction to peanut butter when he was 8 months. Skin prick test showed an allergy to everything except almonds and walnuts. I was meant to do challenges but just didn't get around to planning them since they had to be in hospital but gave him almonds and walnuts regularly. Went back a year later for another skin prick test (they do them annually here) and he had grown out of everything but peanuts! Peanuts was 9mm this past skin prick so they said too severe to try any challenges at this age (if we wanted to) and she said as he gets older the likelihood of him growing out of it lessens. She told us they often grow out of tree nuts, egg and dairy but peanuts is less likely. Fingers crossed.

ETA: I should add the hes's had blood tests to confirm the skin pricks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Sairz  (15-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sairz View Post
    For the last couple of years he has been eating alot of yoghurt and having probiotics every other day, I also wonder if this contributed to him getting over it as there has been a link between gut health and peanut allergies. So I'll keep doing that for sure.
    First test with the hazelnut spread on inside of lip this morning, so far so good!
    I think it will take awhile to sink in. You get used to a certain way of living, reading every label etc. It will be hard to imagine not having to do that!
    We do lots of yogurt as well and I've been meaning to add probiotics as they've done a few trials with them over here but keep forgetting to buy them, will get on it now!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Sairz  (15-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well, today is day 7 of having Nutella and he is fine I spoke to hia teacher so she could keep an eye on him during school, I was giving it to him first thing in the morning so I could keep an eye for the first couple of hours before school.
    Sunday I'm going to start cashews with some cashew butter.