+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HELP! Advice needed x

Hello everyone! So today, I went to my OBGYN for follow up check up. My AF late for almost 3wks now. I had spotting that was light brown (sorry if its tmi) and still BFN. So awhile ago in the clinic, my OBGYN just ask me to take another PT and turned out to be BFN. And told me take another series of Provera to have my menstruation. So, I'm just confused why she didn't even checked my reproductive organ if everything's fine or even requested for blood test. So I'm considering of changing my OB. What do you think guys? Cos if something's really wrong why I can't be pregnant, and she kept advising me to take provera, it will going to be a loooong process for me to get pregnant. Do I have to change my OB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. Get a second opinion. I used to have irregular cycles while ago. After the pill i become regular but the length of my cycles is different every month so ovulation is hard to predict.
    Your OB needs to take your blood to test if your hormones are balance and check your ovaries via an ultrasound to confirm PCOS. If that is the case don't worry. These days they fix it with nutrition, exercise and clomid. My friend had it and now she has 3 kids. It is frustrating i know but it does happen in the end. Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sofiarichpe For This Useful Post:

maeelificent  (16-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's not normal for you to be late I would be insisting on bloods and scans. Some doctors are so quick to jump to drugging you to fix a problem. If you have any hesitation at all, or if your doctor doesn't answer all your questions, definitely get another opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't take provera unless you have had bloods to confirm bfn.