+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Thanks @AngelD and @Phia and everyone else xox

I have contacted supercare and i have all the forms but the thing is, i think the application will take longer than when i can go back and im sick of waiting. I know its crazy but id rather pay for the ivf on more credit than wait and have it paid by my super. Im also tired in the head so not keen to do all the phone calls, contacting fs, and as i live in rural nsw, I'll bet i have to travel to see the psychiatrist. I thought the application would be much easier than it seems. Im a bit annoyed because i rang supercare months before i went over to athens and the woman i spoke to told me it wasnt possible to get funds for overseas ivf. Anyway... dr.n has told me that embryo donation is cheaper than egg donation (not sure how or why because i would think it would be more as you are buying eggs and sperm) and he emailed me to say we would talk on sunday. So i guess, im annoyed that i didnt push harder with supercare for the cycle i just did as it included x2 flights and staying for longer, i.e. it would have been the better cycle to fund through super than this next one which will be cheaper I think. I shouldn't get myself into such a tizz until i actually know how much the donor cycle will be.

Dont know what id do without you guys. It so nice just to know you care and truly understand xox

Hi love, jumping over from the SA donor thread (hello lovely Greece ladies )
    GG, your Supercare psyche appointment is a telephone interview. Also, you will be required to provide a letter of support from your FS and the rest of the required stuff is mostly from your GP. In light of the fact that you have already been over for the donor experience, your FS may be happy to email the letter for you so you don't have to travel in to see her/him.
    Also, I'm going to pm you xxx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-10-2016),Rhino  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello

Hi Ladies, just thought I'd introduce myself. I've very recently found this thread. My DH and I are heading off to Greece tonight for DE! We have had a bit of a crappy time with IVF. A stillborn nearly 5 years ago and then 4 miscarriages. We recently went to see Dr Nick Lolatgis in Melbs who found we have a dq alpha gene match and I natural have natural killer cells.

IVF certainly isn't for the faint hearted!

I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the advice that is on here xx

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lilshansy For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (18-10-2016),AngelD  (14-10-2016),francesthecat  (17-10-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (16-10-2016),Lucky8  (14-10-2016),Phia  (14-10-2016),Rhino  (19-10-2016),Yasna  (14-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lilshaney welcome to the thread! I'm so sorry to hear about your journey this far - heartbreaking.

It's great you're taking a new road of hope with DE. Bestest wishes and may the universe turn in your favour!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (14-10-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (16-10-2016),lilshansy  (14-10-2016),Rhino  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @AngelD hey there:-) im still here, doing ok today :-) waiting for af to start so i can get ready for the next journey. This bfn hasnt affected me too badly, very disappointed to have spent 16k on one chance which didnt work but i havent gone into depression spiral or anything like that, only cried for 10 minutes that day i got the news/transfer day....but, you know what...im tired, just tired and exhausted from continuing to try, like bone tired to the core. I think ive got one go left in me but if it ends poorly with no frosties, then i think i might give up and hope the urge doesnt come back. Sorta try and get on with life. Im so broke and in debt too that i miss my old life where i could buy expensive cheese at supermarket and go out for dinner with my girlfriends and have a few drinks with my work mates. That is actually making me tear up as i write. So, yeah im staying strong but its hard because i cant do any of the social things i used to do to participate in non-ivf life, iykwim? Lol, reading that... perhaps im not 'great' but yeah a bit fed up, lots tired and totally broke, is how i am.

@gorgeousgeorge

I know nothing that I say will make things better but
    a virtual hug to you & hubbie .

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-10-2016),Rhino  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshansy View Post
    Hi Ladies, just thought I'd introduce myself. I've very recently found this thread. My DH and I are heading off to Greece tonight for DE! We have had a bit of a crappy time with IVF. A stillborn nearly 5 years ago and then 4 miscarriages. We recently went to see Dr Nick Lolatgis in Melbs who found we have a dq alpha gene match and I natural have natural killer cells.

IVF certainly isn't for the faint hearted!

I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the advice that is on here xx

welcome & good luck @lilshansy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-10-2016),lilshansy  (14-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge I have just read your sad news. I'm devastated for you. I can't believe it. I hope you have bought yourself lots cheese. It's really so tough but so so wonderful when it happens and all the sacrifices will be worth it.

As it's getting close for me I am crying more everyday and tear up when I think back to how long I have waited for this baby and how fortunate I am now.

Don't give up. You will get there and it will be magical. xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Positano1 and @Lucky8 thank you so much xox yes, i ate cheese n crackers n had drinks with friends in the sunshine with lovely friends all day yesterday, it was a really nice day :-) I have a skype with dr.n tonight to see what we might do next
    @Minniemin thanks for the info and pm about the supercare stuff mate. I'll start doing it on monday :-)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (18-10-2016),AngelD  (16-10-2016),Lucky8  (16-10-2016),Rhino  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Positano1 how long to go? Will you please make sure to pop in and let us know all about little bubba, if you want to? It is lovely and motivating to see success stories :-)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (16-10-2016),Rhino  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lilshansy I'm also new one here, am so grateful I found this thread as am trying to make the very difficult decision of which overseas clinic to use for donor eggs. I've also just started seeing Dr L who also found we have a dq alpha gene match, I also have immune issues and endo.

I really hope your experience in Greece is going well so far, are you going to Genesis? Dr L has strongly recommended this clinic to us, and I'm tempted to go with it as he says it's much easier given he works really well with the clinic, but I'm not sure about the reviews of it so far. Hope it's working out really well for you, and am keen to hear when you have time to post an update - good luck, thinking of you xx

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-10-2016),Lucky8  (19-10-2016),Rhino  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I haven’t been on here in a very long time. I was only on here briefly after my fourth and final failed IVF attempt with OE last earlier in the year and was hit with the reality that at 32 I was never going to conceive with OE…

I have logged on briefly from time to time to read through some of your stories. To those that have had success, a massive congratulations!!!! You give me hope J To those that have not had success as yet, my heart goes out to you and I hope so badly to see your future attempts end in success and happiness!

I am yet to even make contact with Dr N as although we made the decision a long time ago that this was what we wanted to do, we couldn’t get to Greece until April next year due to $$$ and time of work. It is still 5 and a half months away. When would you ladies advise to contact him?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

Lucky8  (19-10-2016),Phia  (17-10-2016),Rhino  (19-10-2016)