+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time IVF/ICSI October 2016

Hi Nervous86
    Well done to hubby for his good count
    Sounds like you got a good number of eggs, hope you get a good amount of embys
    I feel your pain with the lap, I had one done back in July to check for endometriosis and make sure my tubes weren't blocked. Was only a day case was able to go home about 5-6 hours later cos they gave me morohine after I told them I don't do well with strong pain killers and I felt like I was drunk for a bout two hours afterwards lol they finally gave me something that made me feel a lot better. I was pretty sore for the next week afterwards and the stitches took about 2-3 weeks to dissolve. What was most frustrating was where the scope holes are is right where my pants sit. Even though they told me I could take the dressings off about 5 days later I kept dressings on as I went back to work and needed padding between my wounds and my pants lol
    I just carefully took the clean dressings off at night to shower then put them back on.
    Hope you have a good recovery from your you lap
    Fingers crossed you get some good news about your eggs

Teena80 yeah I doing ok must admit I seem to be taking this whole process more calmly and more positively now so thank you
    Still taking the pill for another two weeks then I am booked in for my day 21 scan on Tuesday 8th November and I've also booked in to see my FS straight after my scan. Just want to find out what our options are if I keep getting hurdles and am unable to start treatment, been cancelled twice now.
    If all is clear on the scan and no cysts are found then I can go in (AGAIN) for my day 2 bloods and fingers crossed all my levels will be base line and I can start treatment. Was really hoping to be pregnant by Christmas
    Hope your FD is ok after her operation. Tell me about it hospitals suck (even though I work in one) it's different when your the patient or visiting someone, my mum has been in hospital for the last week half but she is on the mend now so that's good
    You must be anxious to have that blood test! Did you end up doing a home test?
    Well you're on the home stretch to find out not long now, just need to keep busy over the weekend lol
    Sending good vibes your way
    Last edited by Tammy88; 27-10-2016 at 10:10.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tammy88 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,
    I had done a hpt yesterday and today and both negative. And then about 2 hours ago I started AF.
    So sadly that is the end of my journey.
    I hope you guys have a better ending to your story.
    I will still check in and hope to see baby dust pouring down on you both.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    @teena80, I'm so sorry to hear that :-( you're not going to try again?
    What a rollercoaster for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Teena80 I am sorry you didn't get a positive test
    Are you still going to get the blood test on Tuesday? You never know the home test might not picked up the levels if they are low??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy88 View Post
    Oh Teena80 I am sorry you didn't get a positive test
    Are you still going to get the blood test on Tuesday? You never know the home test might not picked up the levels if they are low??
    With the arrival of AF is there much point? It would be too late for implantation bleeding :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    They still wanted to do it as the blood was bright and light flow. But as expected it came back as negative.
    I have not had a proper flow as the other bleed was for 2days only.
    FC didn't offer U/S to see what was happening so I am off to see my gp to help. I'm worried that my endo is attacking me big time as I have a lot of cramps still

Thanks
    Reviews
    @teena80 So sorry to hear that love. Im on my tww now and hating this more than just about everything else!
    What's the plan from now on for you?

Thanks
    Reviews

I am seeing fs tomorrow. Hubby had 3 straws frozen and waiting so I really want to use them so I will be pushing to go again.
    Fingers crossed for you and sending you sticky and lots of baby dust

Thanks
    Reviews

Teena80 sorry to hear about your first round but how exciting your going to try again
    You just never never know Good luck at your appointment
    Not much has changed here still waiting for my ultrasound on Tuesday and appt with my FS. Just hoping I don't hit anymore road blocks and can finally start! Can't help but think maybe there is more going on than I am being told but will have to ask all those questions on Tuesday........
    Hate the waiting game

Nervous86 sending you all positive vibes C'mon you good thing you
    Last edited by Tammy88; 04-11-2016 at 09:44.

Thanks
    Reviews

So I had my ultrasound on Tuesday and finally got some good news, no more cysts!!
    I also saw my FS and she said my uterus is now a good size but her worry now is my lining is too thin it should be around 8 and mine was 6.3 and she would be worried about doing a transfer and the egg not sticking. Tell ya one thing after another........
    Anyway she also asked me to have some bloods to see if my hormones are baseline and they where so I FINALLY got the call I've been waiting on to say I can start treatment
    I went and picked up all my meds from the pharmacy and started with the Synarel nasal spray and prednisolone tablets and to take them both twice a day. Did my first injection last night and was rather disappointed in myself at how worked up I got haha the thought of inflicting pain on myself was a bit much so I got my DH to do it whilst I laid on the bed
    Not sure if we did it right though, noticed a little bit of the fluid come back out of the injection site and later on that night when I was in bed I rolled over to the side I injected and it started to come out! So I laid on my back for the rest of the night, this morning there is a small bruise.
    My FS said when we do egg collection we will have a 4/5 day window to make sure my lining is the right thickness if not any embryos will be frozen until it is. I really hope that's not the case though cos I just want to get this whole thing over with and not have to go back in for a FET. Also have to pay for an additional cycle, this does get a little expensive .
    I have been told to go back in on the 16th for my first round of bloods and ultrasound so have to wait and see how everything is going
    Last edited by Tammy88; 10-11-2016 at 09:39.