+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time IVF/ICSI October 2016

Hi just wondering if anyone else has started their first treatment cycle or is about to?
    I found out I have a low number of eggs 3.8 which is why my FS recommended me and my partner try IVF/ICSI. I haven't yet started treatment, currently have my period and was meant to start this cycle but my day 2 bloods showed my estrogen levels where 1100. Went back on day 4 for more bloods and my estrogen levels where 1500! The clinic said that I was going to be ovulating in the next 24hrs! On day 4?
    So my clinic cancelled treatment this cycle and suggested we try again next cycle when hopefully all my levels are baseline.
    I am now on day 11 of my cycle with heavy bleeding and a lot of large clots now this isn't normal for me, had more bloods done today and was told my estrogen levels where still high around 850, and that the clots could be caused from the lining in my uterus shedding from taking the progynova?
    have to go back in next week for more bloods and an ultrasound and see my FS.
    Now I am wondering if anyone else has been put on progynova for a small uterus? I was on this for 3 courses over about two months then told to stop after my FS was happy with my ultrasound results. I was then on provera for 1 week before this cycle, I then spotted for 5 days before my cycle started properly. This whole cycle has been completely unusual and not normal for me at all and I am worried it's the medication I've been on. I hope they don't ask me to go back on those tablets again if it's just going to make my hormone levels go all out of whack and I can't start treatment
    I am so frustrated I came so close to starting, now I am worried something else is going on which my stop me from going through with treatment
    Last edited by Tammy88; 12-10-2016 at 21:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Tammy88
    Hope your hanging in there
    Waiting is so hard! I am fairly new at ivf/icsi too. I was rushed through because I have low ovarian reserves <1 .
    This is my second round in 3 months and will be my last. first cycle was cancelled as my estrogen was too low (I am never told numbers).
    I had huge clots after my cancelled cycle FS said it would be a 'hormonal let down which I took as a good thing, out with the old and in with the new
    Fingers crossed that's all it is 🏼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Teena80
    I am sorry to hear your first round was cancelled too. Finger crossed for you this round!
    Has your FS given you any other options in regards to your low ovarian reserve?
    I find that when I tell people they say it's ok it only takes 1! This really frustrates me, yes it does only take one but it's also a gamble too.
    Or they say just try not to think about it....but hard when it's consuming your every thought
    Like your thinking out with the old in with the new I think I need to try and be positive and optimistic about this whole thing, I find myself always thinking of what might go wrong. Not overly happy with my clinic either but I'll stick it out one treatment and see what happens.
    Can I ask why this is your last round?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time IVF/ICSI October 2016

Hey Tammy88
    My FS has told me with such low numbers it would be a miracle.
    So I said I want to try and I want to do EPU just so it is final in my head. They agreed with much convincing as they kept saying it would be a waste of time. I had to know! So I went on the pill for a month and took pre pregnancy vitamins thinking I only need 1 good one.
    My first round had a ultrasound at day 9 and had a huge follicle which was apparently a cyst. And low numbers. Went on pill to get rid of cyst re scanned on day 2 of period and found 3 follicles on each side. These are those 'antral ' or something follicles. Started on new stim that next day. Had a scan really early on day 7 Friday was worried about another cyst but had one on each side right was almost ready so they booked me for EPU on the Monday.
    I was so nervous. I ended up crying so much waiting to go in theatres. As annoying as it is 'you only need 1' that's all I clung too.
    Thankfully 1 is all I got. We are doing icsi and got a phone call Tuesday arvo, my 1 little lonesome egg fertilised. Just a another call now day 3 still going strong. Now to make it to day 5 Saturday. Transfer 11:15am.
    So 1 good quality one is what you need.
    What is your treatment plan?
    Doctors suggested I should think of other options. But my little eggy is proving them wrong!
    Let's go eggy, let's go 🏼🏼 this is what my mantra has been all week.
    Stay strong and positive. I definitely did think I was going to get nothing. But hey I surprised myself. I just needed to feel like I had tried it and was ready to stop if no egg.
    Hope this helps and give you a little glimmer of hope because I sure know that there isn't much when in this position
    Last edited by teena80; 13-10-2016 at 15:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Teena80 that's great news about your embryo! Reading this made the hairs stand up on my arms, I am so happy for you and I will cross all my fingers and toes for you. Let's go eggy, let's go
    Well it has most certainly lifted my spirits and given me hope
    Well to be honest when my partner and I started this whole journey I went into this not knowing a whole lot about it and even the nitty gritty of how our cycles work and hormones ect I spose I never really thought about too much lol so it has been a big learning curve and lots of googling!
    My partner and I decided back in January to start TTC by June we still had no luck and I was experiencing a bit of pain during sex so I went back to my gynaecologists (is is also my FS) and we started all the bloods and scans to see what my fertility was like. Found out my ovarian reserve was 3.8 so my FS decided IVF was the way to go because of my age (28) and egg count. Started taking the pre treatment meds melatonin and inositol plus the elevit tablets as well.
    Had surgery in July to check for endometriosis and to make sure I didn't have any block tubes and to check my ovaries, everything came back clear expect for my uterus was too small and there was a large cyst on my right ovary. My FS wasn't able to remove it because there where follies on it so she drained it. Had to take progynova tablets for a couple months to make my uterus grow bigger. Then they put me on provera tablets for a week to bring on my cycle which is the cycle I am on now but it's lasting longer than normal currently on day 14 of bleeding but it does look like it's tapering off and the clots have stopped too. When I went in for my day 2 bloods and my estrogen was high they thought I had ovulated which is strange.
    So now I have another appt next Tuesday for bloods and ultrasound and to see my FS. Hope everything comes back normal so I can start treatment next cycle. When I do finally start I have to take a nasal spray and injection. Not looking forward to the injections
    Will definitely be thinking of you on Saturday and hope for a successful transfer! Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey sorry I haven't replied.
    I hope your bloods and u/s brought exciting news for you
    The injections are a bit scary but it is ok after the first couple.

Transfer was good. They said considering I only had 1 eggy/embaby they couldn't fault it.
    Feeling confident quality over quantity.
    The transfer itself was uncomfortable but definitely interesting and exciting. I am trying really hard to be positive and not too excited and I am definitely doing waaaay to much googling.
    I have had a couple of surgeries to clean up my endo and I have fingers crossed that these progesterone pessaries don't make it go crazy.

This would have to be the longest wait ever. I have my blood test on the 31st October. I don't like how they wait until I have finished all medication to check if all ok. I asked them if they could check my levels but they said they wait 4-5 days after because if it's not viable then I will know before test.
    I'm going to do a hpt on Tuesday. I can't wait

7. The Following User Says Thank You to teena80 For This Useful Post:

nervous86  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic news! Hope you get a positive test

I had my bloods and ultrasound on Tuesday and ultrasound showed I still have a cyst on my left ovary which was now 3cm. My estrogen was sitting around 550 which the nurses said wasn't too high but still not sitting base line. They said that if everything came back normal I was going to be able to start treatment that day but I knew I had a cyst because I was getting a lot of pain. So they have told me to go on the pill for 21 days and then have an ultrasound on day 21 to see if the cyst has resolved then maybe I can start.
    Such a drawn out process and so much waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would pop in and say hello, hubby and I are on our first cycle, having my second scan today and probably ER on Wednesday. Fingers crossed last shots (other than the trigger) this morning. Our problem is sperm count so I don't know what my hormone levels are like. Sorry for being no help there. I do know though that my cycle had been pretty regular for 2 years (thanks to an app) and the first one after seeing our FS it was a week early and then before starting my shots it was 5 days late. And that was after telling my FS I'm regular, he must think I can't count. Lol
    Much luck and love to you all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey nervous86
    Fingers crossed for you too Before starting the process I had a mirena for 6 years to control my endo. So we had to just wait it is frustrating because you are so eager.
    Did you have ER?

Tammy88 how are you? Hanging in there I hope. Good riddance to bloody cysts making you wait for next cycle. Mine was gone after a month of the pill. Cyst, cyst....cyst be gone hehehe always good to keep a sense of humour
    I am insane now reaching nearer the end of my 2ww AAARRGGHH
    My 3 year old foster daughter had an operation Monday and we had to stay in over night so that helped pass the time NOT. Hospitals are so boring all I could think is to visit FC because I was in the same hospital. She has a follow up app on Tuesday so I changed my BT to the 1st. Very anxious
    Goodnight and good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    @teena80, well Monday didn't exactly go to plan. My FS was worried that I was going into OHSS, and still struggled to see my right ovary, so said unfortunately it would be a laparoscopic retrieval for that side. He also said that only 30% of my follicles were at the right size (>17mm) on the left and didn't know for the right, but that there were too many follicles as I had 11 in just the left. :-(
    he gave us two options.... Collect on Wednesday but there may only be 6-10 eggs or run with the OHSS and collect on Friday and there may be 15-20, but it would mean a FET next year due to recovery time, and him going on holiday :-s
    we chose to go with the trigger on Monday and collect on Wednesday (yesterday) as we don't want to wait until next year and have been told fresh is best for the embryos.
    So ER was yesterday, hubbys sperm count went from 600,000 on the first analysis to 6,000,000 so he did his job well! (Still went for ICSI though)
    They ended up getting 18 eggs! I don't know how many were mature yet I find that out today.
    Im sore from the Lap site but only my belly button one, the other two I wouldn't even know they were there, and there is going to be amazing bruising there when it starts to change colour! But I'm feeling ok on the whole. Shoulder tip and diaphragm pain was awful last night and even had me struggling to breathe a couple of times, but I move a lot in my sleep so I think that's helped move the gas.

As for being upset pre-op, I'm needle phobic and have never had a GA, when the anaethetist came for a chat I cried, because I was scared of the potential outcome, even though I'd had 10mg Diaz that morning. I couldn't fault anyone though. The theatre staff were amazing.

Next time if there is one I'll be fine.

How long until your TWW is up?
    Last edited by nervous86; 27-10-2016 at 05:36.