This mornig my Ds1 and Ds2 were plying with those glo sticks. You know the ones where you snap them and then they glo in the dark?
Well one snapped in half and the chemical flew out into DS1's eyes.
He was screaming and crying and yelling, he couldnt see.
I threw him straight in the shower to flush his eyes and called an ambulance. His screaming was so bad my neighbours all came to see what was happening.
Anyway, after a little while at the hospy- he can see and isnt in much pain now we are home.
The hospy rang th poisons info line and they said that these things are not toxic.
Well, they ARE!!! Its just that as the chemical is not alkaline based the company doesnt have to list it as toxic as while it wont hurt you if you swallow it, it CAN make you blind if it goes in your eyes.
DS1 was extremely lucky that i got him straight in the shower to flush them out. The ambos said he is extremely lucky to have his sight.
PLEASE be carefull when your kids have theses things. Personally there will never ever be another glo stick in my house.