+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think the audio can be considered very reliable evidence. I mean it seems like it's the perfect way to know what happened but if he knew they were being recorded and she didn't then there is just so much potential for him to manipulate things. So odd. So sad.

Nb... I have not listened to the audio. It would be too much for me I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    I don't think the audio can be considered very reliable evidence. I mean it seems like it's the perfect way to know what happened but if he knew they were being recorded and she didn't then there is just so much potential for him to manipulate things. So odd. So sad.

Nb... I have not listened to the audio. It would be too much for me I think.
    Yeah it's very ambiguous and open to interpretation. For instance when she's screaming "no" repeatedly, it could be, as the prosecution have asserted, that she's terrified, it sounds like she is, but it also sounds like it could because she is drunk and angry. It's hard to know. For me, what is crucial is the events leading up to her being locked out on the balcony. There is nothing to suggest she should be so in fear of her life that her only option was to climb down from a 14 story building:

2.13 Warriena Wright throws rocks at GT - he is still laughing it off, but he's losing his sense of humour
    2.14 - GT "OW! that's enough"
    2.16 - GT tells her to leave repeatedly
    2.17 WW hits him with the telescope
    2.17 GT tells her to leave again
    2.19 Struggle ensues
    2.20 WW is locked out on balcony
    2.21 WW falls to her death

2 minutes before she fell, she was throwing objects at him and being aggressive towards him.
    Last edited by DrewS; 14-10-2016 at 17:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Gable Totsee murder trial

Just listened to the audio. **** me. Who knows what the **** happened. I just have to have trust and faith that the jury, who unlike us, has access to all the information, will make the right decision. Rip WW xx
    Last edited by VicPark; 15-10-2016 at 04:17.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (15-10-2016),TheGooch  (14-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jury failed to reach a verdict, which is pretty accurate judging by this thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    They've been sent back to deliberate by the judge though. It's not all over just yet.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    So I was reading the judge's comments to the jury and they seem a bit biased? He's pushing them to consider her intoxication level when deciding how rational her actions are.

When you consider how much we try to push that that is irrelevant in, say, a rape case, surely it's irrelevant here too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    So I was reading the judge's comments to the jury and they seem a bit biased? He's pushing them to consider her intoxication level when deciding how rational her actions are.

When you consider how much we try to push that that is irrelevant in, say, a rape case, surely it's irrelevant here too?
    Didn't they specifically ask if her intoxication should influence their verdict though?

They (the jury) asked to clarify 4 things, and one of those was if they are allowed to take into account her intoxication.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think they were told to consider her level of intoxication when looking at her actions/behaviour. The behaviour of a sober person would be different to that of someone severely intoxicated. I think I read somewhere her level was 0.15?

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Yep, for sure, they did ask, which is when he responded with:

“A jury of your accumulated experience of life scarcely needs a judge to point out that excessive consumption of alcohol can impair judgment ... People, when drunk do things, they would not when sober,” he said.

“The degree of Warriena Wright’s intoxication when the accused moved her onto the balcony has potential to bear on your consideration as to whether the decision to climb over the balcony was a reasonable and rational or proportionate response to the accused’s conduct."

But there was another bit in his closing remarks before they even deliberated that struck me. I'll see if I can track it down. I think it was the combination of the two comments that made me wonder that?

Also, I know nothing about law and such matters so do not know what I'm talking about! I guess he was trying to clarify things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I think the judges comments were reasonable and appropriate. Of course it's critical to look at someone's level of intoxication when determining who is at fault for them jumping off a balcony. Drunk people do stupid and irrational stuff all the time. Not saying drunkness would be the only contributing factor, just that is should be ruled in before it's ruled out.