+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's a very difficult case. I'm surprised it went to trial. Yes definitely not a nice human being but I'm not sure he is responsible for her death.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Well he is indirectly responsible for her death at the very least. Why didn't he just let her out the door?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (14-10-2016),MrsSS  (13-10-2016),Olive Oil  (13-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Well he is indirectly responsible for her death at the very least. Why didn't he just let her out the door?
    Maybe she was attacking him? She is also responsible for her death.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Curby  (13-10-2016),VicPark  (14-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think her trying to climb down the balcony was forseeable. If I was to lock someone on my high rise balcony I'd expect 1 of 3 things -

1. The person would remain on the balcony until both parties had calmed down and would be let back in.
    2. The person would attempt to regain entry by whatever means possible.
    3. The person would notify someone that they were being deprived of their liberty and request assistance.

It simply wouldn't cross my mind that someone would attempt the virtually physically impossible task of climbing down the side of a building.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrewS For This Useful Post:

wilding  (16-10-2016),Wise Enough  (13-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Maybe she was attacking him? She is also responsible for her death.
    I didn't say she wasn't. But he's a grown man. Strong enough to push a girl out his door.

He should at least be done for manslaughter. The girl was trying to escape and get to the balcony below as she must've felt that was her only way out.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (14-10-2016),MrsSS  (13-10-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't say she wasn't. But he's a grown man. Strong enough to push a girl out his door.

He should at least be done for manslaughter. The girl was trying to escape and get to the balcony below as she must've felt that was her only way out.
    Escape from what though? He had told her 5 or 6 times to leave his apartment and she refused to do so, she continued to throw ornamental rocks at him then hit him with a telescope, drawing blood. He then locked her out on the balcony. Not the other way round. Perhaps if she had locked herself in a room to get away from him, you could argue it was manslaughter. The only crime I can think he committed is deprivation of liberty and even that's pushing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow. I just listened to it. It weirdos me out how little she speaks in it.
    She's clearly under the influence of something.
    I don't know if I watch too many true crime stories on the telly, but the first thing I thought was, is he recording it knowing it will be played to Police, and purposefully narrating it differently to what is actually happening. For example, making out like he is trying to drag her to the front door, but is actually on top of her choking her instead. That kind of thing.

If I had no other information but the tape to go on, I would think for sure she had been drugged and was being raped/tortured or forced towards the balcony while he is conveniently yelling out that he is doing something completely opposite.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (13-10-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Wow. I just listened to it. It weirdos me out how little she speaks in it.
    Yeah I don't understand that. Is he choking her? Is she gagged?

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I've read, she asked to leave and he wouldn't let her go.

When she fell, he left the building and walked around surfers then went and ate pizza.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm appalled the audio has been released. Her poor family. It's so disrespectful.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (13-10-2016),nettz84  (13-10-2016),Olive Oil  (13-10-2016),TheGooch  (13-10-2016),Wise Enough  (13-10-2016)