+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I don't know what to make of it. I was a bit freaked out by the photos that's have been all over the news of her half dangling off the balcony. Then DH said it was a reenactment photo. Why they didn't say that on the news really annoyed me. Here I was thinking that his downstairs neighbor had poor taste or conveniently had a security camera pointed at his balcony, 13 floors up.

They're trying to prove that him locking her on his balcony led to her death. I mean it did, but is it his fault? How long had she been out there before she climbed over the balcony? Did she have a phone and means of contacting someone for help? It's all weird. Mind you, I'd probably be terrified if I'd gone home with a strange bloke only to have him lock me on his balcony. I'd probably just want to get the hell away from him!
    I don't think she had her phone, but his neighbours were awake with lights on, she could have called out for help? My understanding is that she attempted to climb down as soon as he locked her out. I can only think she was so drunk she didn't really know what she was doing and had no concept of how dangerous it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has anyone listened to the audio? She's sounds so incoherent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Has anyone listened to the audio? She's sounds so incoherent.
    Yeah it's quite disturbing. I don't know what to make of it. When she's screaming "no" repeatedly, it's quite harrowing, but is that fear or because she's so drunk?

Our ex neighbours used to have these horrendous, drunken fights, the first time I went over there because I thought he was murdering her, it turns out he had taken the car keys off her as she was trying to drive blind drunk and she was screaming at him to give her them back.
    Last edited by DrewS; 12-10-2016 at 15:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read he recorded most of his interactions with women (yuck).

The whole night sounds like a total mess. I think legally if you get hurt/killed trying to escape violence then it is the perpetrators fault. Similar to if she had run onto the road and was hit by a car.

Sadly I think he will walk, but he is such a creep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought she repeatedly threatened him with violence?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    I read he recorded most of his interactions with women (yuck).

The whole night sounds like a total mess. I think legally if you get hurt/killed trying to escape violence then it is the perpetrators fault. Similar to if she had run onto the road and was hit by a car.

Sadly I think he will walk, but he is such a creep.
    Yeah he definitely sounds like a creep. And I agree if someone is trying to escape violence and dies in the process, the perpetrator should be held accountable, to a degree. But in this case it didn't really sound like she was trying to escape a violent situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewS View Post
    Yeah he definitely sounds like a creep. And I agree if someone is trying to escape violence and dies in the process, the perpetrator should be held accountable, to a degree. But in this case it didn't really sound like she was trying to escape a violent situation.
    Yes, it's very hard to know what went on.

Cases like this make me so glad I've never been on a jury.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There are only 2 people who truly know what happened that night. One of them is dead and the other one is on trial for her murder.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a terrifying way to die , poor girl . The more I read the more I don't get and that's why now am saying this instead . Alcohol is just the worst drug out there . she obviously was hurting him and he was saying scary stuff back and eventually it escalated into fear and he made a stupid mistake of putting her on the balcony when he plainly got a chance to just let her go out the front door and leave like she had asked . If he had just let her go she would of been alive today , I feel so sorry for her mum.
    Last edited by babynomad; 13-10-2016 at 08:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So true @babynomad. Alcohol is dangerous and makes people so crazy things.

The thought of meeting a stranger and getting drunk in their home within minutes of meeting freaks me out. Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy.