+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When my kids were younger I worked and could get care for one child at our local centre, but not the other as they were full. SAHM's had their kids booked in but there was no room for my child, and I had to work! I was very dirty about that. I'm not against SAHM's using childcare, but back then there was no priority for working parents. So I had to use 2 separate centres for my 2 children. It was ridiculous. Lash me if you wish, but that is how it was. Have a go at dropping 2 kids off at 2 different centres every day and collecting them in the arvo then tell me how unfair your situation is being a SAHM and being asked to collect your child early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicho View Post
    When my kids were younger I worked and could get care for one child at our local centre, but not the other as they were full. SAHM's had their kids booked in but there was no room for my child, and I had to work! I was very dirty about that. I'm not against SAHM's using childcare, but back then there was no priority for working parents. So I had to use 2 separate centres for my 2 children. It was ridiculous. Lash me if you wish, but that is how it was. Have a go at dropping 2 kids off at 2 different centres every day and collecting them in the arvo then tell me how unfair your situation is being a SAHM and being asked to collect your child early.
    Most sahm and working mums have commented here saying the problem isnt so much having a suggested time for sahm to pick up their kids its the fact they are possibly going to be charged extra ontop of a service they are already paying for.

I realise your situation was very frustrating. But I drop one child at school and another at daycare how is that any different to doing a drop off to two daycare centres?

Thankfully most centres now put working parents first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When my kids were younger I worked and could get care for one child at our local centre, but not the other as they were full. SAHM's had their kids booked in but there was no room for my child, and I had to work! I was very dirty about that. I'm not against SAHM's using childcare, but back then there was no priority for working parents. So I had to use 2 separate centres for my 2 children. It was ridiculous. Lash me if you wish, but that is how it was. Have a go at dropping 2 kids off at 2 different centres every day and collecting them in the arvo then tell me how unfair your situation is.
    How long ago was this? As I know working parents have had priority over sahp's as far back as 8 years ago (excluding children deemed high risk).

I think you would find that the centre would have given spots to children of sahp's because of vacancies and no one with higher priority on the waiting list.
    As far as I'm aware, it's then at the centre's discretion as to whether or not they cut the sahp's days to make way for working families (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Some will do this, while others won't. This isn't the fault of a sahp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No one is arguing the fact that working parents should get priority places... which they now do.

Plus, a SAHM picking up her kid early/late has no influence on working parents if they can't get a spot at the centre anyway?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (13-10-2016),babyno1onboard  (14-10-2016),delirium  (13-10-2016),Freyamum  (13-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    Most sahm and working mums have commented here saying the problem isnt so much having a suggested time for sahm to pick up their kids its the fact they are possibly going to be charged extra ontop of a service they are already paying for.

I realise your situation was very frustrating. But I drop one child at school and another at daycare how is that any different to doing a drop off to two daycare centres?

Thankfully most centres now put working parents first.
    I say yes, it is. 1 is a baby, sign in, put food in fridge etc while toddler in the other arm. Reload toddler back into car, drive to second centre, sign in, lunch in fridge etc. A school drop off is nothing like a day care drop off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    How long ago was this? As I know working parents have had priority over sahp's as far back as 8 years ago (excluding children deemed high risk).

I think you would find that the centre would have given spots to children of sahp's because of vacancies and no one with higher priority on the waiting list.
    As far as I'm aware, it's then at the centre's discretion as to whether or not they cut the sahp's days to make way for working families (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Some will do this, while others won't. This isn't the fault of a sahp.
    My children are 23, 11 and 7 years old

Thanks
    Reviews
    I say yes, it is. 1 is a baby, sign in, put food in fridge etc while toddler in the other arm. Reload toddler back into car, drive to second centre, sign in, lunch in fridge etc. A school drop off is nothing like a day care drop off.
    I dunno, dropping a early childhood child off at school is painful too! Sticking around for 10-15 minutes to read books/puzzles etc.

Not painful as such, but you're still there for an extended period of time. I drop my DD2 off at daycare and I'm in and out in about 5 minutes, where as school drop off is a lot longer. Maybe not all schools require parent involvement in the morning from kindy to year 1?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Everyones experiences are different. I still walk my dd into school with a toddler attached to me I just dont sign them in and they are normally screaming and wriggling because they want to stay.
    So for me daycare and school drop off are the same. Two different locations with a toddler that cant be still

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    Everyones experiences are different. I still walk my dd into school with a toddler attached to me I just dont sign them in and they are normally screaming and wriggling because they want to stay.
    So for me daycare and school drop off are the same. Two different locations with a toddler that cant be still
    Drop-off with a toddler in tow is hell sometimes! Sometimes I wish I could leave them both there

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Purple Poppy  (13-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a whole lot of crap. You pay the same as everyone else do you should get the same service. My child will be at care for four days but I'll only work three. The other day I do Uni work. The letter seems to suggest that non working parents have nothing to do and are just lazy!