+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicho View Post
    If they are truly non working/non studying/not caring for a sick relative/child then sure, they should be able to collect by 4.00pm. I don't think it's an unreasonable request.
    Even if they pay til 6pm? I can't see the logic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I shouldn't of looked at the link.
    So ragey at the comments.
    People are so horrible and nasty.

Fwiw, my childcare centre doesn't know if I even work or not, they never asked.
    Where's the link? Nasty comments towards the mum? On what grounds? People are weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicho View Post
    If they are truly non working/non studying/not caring for a sick relative/child then sure, they should be able to collect by 4.00pm. I don't think it's an unreasonable request.
    So if you needed a tradie at your house and they charged you per hour from 8am to 6pm but they also insisted they needed to go home at 4pm... You'd be ok paying him the extra 2 hours he didn't work???

This is exactly the same thing....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-10-2016),babyno1onboard  (12-10-2016),rosey82  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow that's terrible. You pay for a service and you should be able to use it! If they want to change the available hours for non-working parents they cannot still charge parents for these hours. Simple. Can't have their cake and eat it too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At our centre parents can book for the full 12 hrs or a 6 hr day (school hours). We have parents who book the 6 hr day but dont collect their children till 3.30 or 4. They just assume its ok and shrug when told theyll pay 12 hrs. Doesnt help us workers who have to stay back.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mumofgremlins For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DD was in the babies room we were asked to write an approx pick up time in their little day book, but I always thought it was more so they could schedule feeds/naps etc.
    Fair enough to ask parents to nominate the hours per day they think they will need to organize staffing ratios, but not fair to start charging late fees or enforcing those hours if everybody is paying the same rate.
    I would be moving my child if I was expected to pay for the full day but "not allowed" to use it because I was a SAHM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofgremlins View Post
    At our centre parents can book for the full 12 hrs or a 6 hr day (school hours). We have parents who book the 6 hr day but dont collect their children till 3.30 or 4. They just assume its ok and shrug when told theyll pay 12 hrs. Doesnt help us workers who have to stay back.
    Well that's just rude. If you've only booked & paid for 6 hours that's all you get! I think some sort of extra fee as a deterrent in these circumstances is perfectly fair.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-10-2016),babyno1onboard  (12-10-2016),Freyamum  (12-10-2016),Lil Smurfy  (12-10-2016),Meld85  (12-10-2016),Renn  (12-10-2016),VicPark  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm confused So this is a DC where all parents pay for 12 hour care, and which the govt funds CCB and CCR based on 12 hours. But SAHP's have to pick up by 4pm or suffer fees. For hours they have already paid for?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm confused So this is a DC where all parents pay for 12 hour care, and which the govt funds CCB and CCR based on 12 hours. But SAHP's have to pick up by 4pm or suffer fees. For hours they have already paid for?
    Yep!
    Isn't it ridiculous?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Extremely not ok. My first impression is the centre owners are tight a$$es & are trying to save money on staffing. If a child is enrolled in LDC, they are entitled to use the hours, working or not. The centre are trying to pay minimum staff possible and still get the income that parents pay for full hours. If they under-allocate staff, a centre is NEVER allowed to go under ratio's. Ever. Staff stay back until ratios are correct. Even if it means the staff work a 10 hour shift, It is illegal not to to meet ratios. And then the centre need to rectify the problem by rostering on more staff so it doesn't happen repeatedly.

I've worked in a centre where the tight ar$e owners instruct us to keep absolute maximum ratios, so they save money on staffing as much as possible. God forbid they pay for a staff member who isnt legally required, even if it is best practice. We had to keep record of ratios as children left the centre to go home, and literally the very second it was legal for a staff member to clock off, we were instructed to stop working. It was a very low quality centre and I hated the (short) time I worked there. The best centres are the ones who dont put the dollar first before the kids. If I was that mother, I would be withdrawing my child from care there - it is very indicative of thr centre's values.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (12-10-2016)