+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 94
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    975
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked
    343
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I've missed it all but the mum is being flamed?!?
    Why? What is the issue?
    The childcare's policies are discriminatory , fraudulent and illegal.
    Where is she being flamed? How could anyone have any issue with her seeking support for this? I would've gone straight to fair trading myself

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,029
    Thanks
    5,464
    Thanked
    4,402
    Reviews
    20
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Omg! I was just reading this elsewhere but the article did not have the detail about it being a long daycare centre I would doubt the accuracy of that? Preschool usually finishes at 3/4 so a letter to EVERY parent reiterating the pick up time and penalties for late pick would be no issue. I honestly cannot fathom the logic of directing it only to non working mothers. And if it's really a long day care that opens until 6pm then it's beyond disgraceful and surely illegal? I used long day for a time and always picked up my kids by about 4 but as I paid to 6pm occasionally if I needed to I would pick up later. Never ever was an eyebrow raised. If they plan on having less staff after 4pm they should offer parents the option of early pick up at a discount
    I've just gone back and read the comments of the k!dspot article and there are quite a few saying that it's a LDC. It does make sense that it would be LDC though, considering preschools have set drop off/pick up times, regardless of employment status.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,698
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The daycare centre I used to use asked for a guideline of the hours you would utilise the centre.

    Whilst I don't condone it, and don't believe she should be charged unless it's after closing time, I do understand what they mean. They have carers working different shifts and ratios to be kept. If they have someone working say 7-3 and then another worker 8-4 then that's 2 workers down and they could be down on ratio and then get in big trouble.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,285
    Thanks
    8,222
    Thanked
    3,927
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Where is she being flamed? How could anyone have any issue with her seeking support for this? I would've gone straight to fair trading myself
    The impression I got from the second photo is somebody trying to defend the mum and why she was upset?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,952
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked
    2,301
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    The daycare centre I used to use asked for a guideline of the hours you would utilise the centre.

    Whilst I don't condone it, and don't believe she should be charged unless it's after closing time, I do understand what they mean. They have carers working different shifts and ratios to be kept. If they have someone working say 7-3 and then another worker 8-4 then that's 2 workers down and they could be down on ratio and then get in big trouble.
    You wrote what happens at my childcare.

    What they did was wrong. It really is a staffing issue not a SAHP issue.

    My childcare is quite large and have quite a few staff. They have lots of staff that only work a few hours that help with staffing. Also the kids rooms come together after a certain time. So there is less staff so enough to cover all the kids.

    So, definitely the mother should not be flamed. And they cannot be charged late fees for that.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,285
    Thanks
    8,222
    Thanked
    3,927
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Letter to non-working parents

    @atomicmama can you pm me the link to the page? Can't seem to find it curious to read more

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,698
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    You wrote what happens at my childcare.

    What they did was wrong. It really is a staffing issue not a SAHP issue.

    My childcare is quite large and have quite a few staff. They have lots of staff that only work a few hours that help with staffing. Also the kids rooms come together after a certain time. So there is less staff so enough to cover all the kids.

    So, definitely the mother should not be flamed. And they cannot be charged late fees for that.
    I didn't say to charge her unless she's there after closing. I don't condone it which I already said and I don't think the mum should be flamed.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,952
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked
    2,301
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I didn't say to charge her unless she's there after closing. I don't condone it which I already said and I don't think the mum should be flamed.
    Sorry I didn't mean to sound like you did. I just quoted so I did not have to explain what happens at my childcare.

    Sorry!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    6,649
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked
    862
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The daycare my children have attended is a LDC, one of the rooms for 4/5yr olds is called the 'preschool room' perhaps thats why the note mentions preschool.

    My DS attends daycare on fridays. We have to 'elect' the approximate hours our child will be using the centre so they can assure staff/child ratios. You can adjust these at any time

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,029
    Thanks
    5,464
    Thanked
    4,402
    Reviews
    20
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    @atomicmama can you pm me the link to the page? Can't seem to find it curious to read more
    Done

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (12-10-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Cov letter & s criteria help
    By yadot in forum Working Hubbers - Employed
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2016, 19:52
  2. Distance Education and working parents
    By Beljane in forum Home Schooling
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2016, 22:05
  3. Working parents with school age children
    By deku in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-02-2016, 17:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Tribalance
TriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health physiotherapy services. Weekly pregnancy yoga classes are scheduled at the studio on Thursdays 1- 2pm and Saturdays 1-2:15pm.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!