+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I bought both and the planetbox is by far the best - ( I've got heaps of photos and ideas if you need any) DS started school this year and loves it
    Good luck ladies - I can't believe DS only has 7 weeks of school left and then he's in year 1!
    Please post lots of photos!!!

My DD (eldest) is starting next year. I'm so excited she's finally at school! too bad it's still 3 years until DS starts!!!

You're all so organised! I was planning on buying her uniforms and shoes and bag in January.

She has had 3 transition sessions and I stayed for one, the others were with her kindy teachers. She has 4 more next term and the last of those 2 will be in her new classroom with her teacher and actual class so that will be great for her.

She is excited but I'm nervous she won't have the energy to go 5 days a week plus 2 days a week at OSHC.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (13-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Sorry to intrude .. just some friendly advice from an old mum who has been through this ... school shoes... buy early enough so that they can wear them in before school starts ... nothing worse than new shoes and blisters ... my 2 always wore their school shoes for 20 mins each day just around the house to get their feet used to them. Hope this little tip helps

Xxx
    What is the best style of shoe for girls?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    My DD had Mary Janes .. no shoe laces to trip over.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Both of my girls started in Clarkes Mary Janes. They are Velcro so I didn't have to do up laces or buckles. They come with a removable innersole so once they get a bit tight you can take the innersole out and they are approx 1/2 a size bigger. DD1 wore hers for 2 YEARS! They were actually still in a wearable condition just got too small. One thing to note is my DH is pedantic about clean shoes and he cleans the school shoes weekly. I'm sure it's made a difference to how long they last.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Also another good idea I would definitely recommend doing and I'm glad one of the mums in our orientation organised it was she had a sheet of paper with name, phone number and sons name and said to all of us who were interested to put our names down and she would organise a class picnic the week before school started so the kids and parents could meet informally before school started - 17 out of the 19 of us did and she just texted us a date and time and bring your own picnic kind of thing and it was really a great idea as the boys got to play with each other and we all got to chat and find out about each other and for the couple of mums with older boys at the school they were great to ask questions about every day school info , it really made the first day so much nicer as the boys already sort of knew each other and same with the parents

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are transition days? I haven't heard of this before. We did get a transition to school statement from DSs childcare (they have a preschool program that he's in), but other than orientation days (only 2 x half days in November) there's no other mention of any special programs..

Interview went well! It turned out not to be so much an interview as a handing over of forms and confirming what days to book for OOSH care. He's now enrolled in Monday-Friday after school care for the whole year! So glad we got him in! I was so stressed about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Transition for us just means my son will go into the class for the day. So kind of easing him in. His preschool is at the school, in the next door classroom to the k-2 class, so will be easy for him.

We are lucky at my school. The kids just wear joggers, so no blisters to consider

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Transition is the same as orientation.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    What are transition days? I haven't heard of this before. We did get a transition to school statement from DSs childcare (they have a preschool program that he's in), but other than orientation days (only 2 x half days in November) there's no other mention of any special programs .
    At my DD's school they offer next year's preps a chance to spend time at school in term 4 to help them get used to it. She started last week, the first week of term. For a few weeks it'll be 9-11am every Wednesday, and by the end of term she'll be spending all day every Wednesday there. It is optional though, so if she can't make it to a session it's no drama.
    I'll stay with DD for her sessions while she has her plaster cast. By the time that comes off I'm sure she will be totally fine with me leaving her there.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, I had no idea there were so many starting school next year. I'm another first timer, I can't decide if I'm excited or nervous about her starting next year. I was slack getting the forms in but last week got the confirmation of her enrolment and orientation dates but not times yet. I haven't got her any uniform stuff yet and feel totally in denial that it is coming around quickly.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post: