+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow lots of people do their transition late! My DS finished his at the end of last term. Just the way my school works

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD4 is starting next year too! She is so excited to go, is constantly asking when is she starting. We've already been to some orientation days. Last term was a teddy bears picnic, next week she has story time and then another 2 more to go to over the coming weeks. I'm really dreading that first day next year, I won't know what to do with myself when I don't have my little mate to chat too
    As for being organised, not really. I'll buy her some uniforms over the next few weeks and shoes, bag, socks etc will no doubt come in the week before school goes back when I do a made dash lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    You and your DD popped into my thoughts the other day - how is she going now, health-wise? Sorry to hear she broke her leg
    Yeah she's going great as far as cancer goes, she's really well. Still in remission as far as we know. She's having MRI scans every 3 months to keep an eye on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Oh Hollywood, I'm sorry to hear about your dd's broken leg, she's such a little trooper your girl.
    Hopefully you're still having cold weather so she's comfortable (as much as you can be) in her cast.
    It's a hassle for her to have a full leg cast, but she's taken it all in her stride. Thankfully yes, it's cold at the moment so it only gets too hot occasionally. Three weeks and five days to go until it comes off....not that I'm counting!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (12-10-2016),Mod-Uniquey  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    DD4 is starting next year too! She is so excited to go, is constantly asking when is she starting. We've already been to some orientation days. Last term was a teddy bears picnic, next week she has story time and then another 2 more to go to over the coming weeks. I'm really dreading that first day next year, I won't know what to do with myself when I don't have my little mate to chat too
    As for being organised, not really. I'll buy her some uniforms over the next few weeks and shoes, bag, socks etc will no doubt come in the week before school goes back when I do a made dash lol.
    Hey lovely, I'll bring the tissues and wine and we can console each other when our last little mates have flown the coop.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time school starters 2017 chat thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Hey lovely, I'll bring the tissues and wine and we can console each other when our last little mates have flown the coop.
    Can you imagine us 2 in tears? Anyone would think we are a pro at this but it gets harder and harder! I'll have 4 months of loneliness until the next little bub arrives eeekk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you imagine us 2 in tears? Anyone would think we are a pro at this but it gets harder and harder! I'll have 4 months of loneliness until the next little bub arrives eeekk.
    Is it bad that I'm not upset about our tiniest one going to school? I feel like I'll get so much more done without kids around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Is it bad that I'm not upset about our tiniest one going to school? I feel like I'll get so much more done without kids around
    Nope not bad at all! I actually wish I could feel that way with you. Hopefully once she starts I'll settle back into a nice routine of kidfree coffees and movies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm so busy, my kids at school doesn't make a huge difference haha. No kidfree coffees and movies for me. I miss them when they aren't here.

Thanks
    Reviews

DS1 is starting kindergarten next year in NSW. first child to start big school so it's all very new for us

We've enrolled him and also applied for OOSH care, we have an interview tomorrow morning with the carers who will determine if he's eligible. I'm a little nervous about whether we will meet their criteria, but I've been told by one of the workers there that as long as we managed to book in for an interview, he will get a space.

I've bought his school uniform, and he has his first orientation day in 3 weeks. Then another orientation day a week later.. One day before my EDD with Bub #3!

Fx Bub stays put til then!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh I know right! It definitely gets harder going along, especially when it's the 'baby' of the bunch. I can't believe you only have 4 months left to go....I'm so excited for you!