+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone get angry when their husband gets sick?

So for the last month I've battled not only the flu but two ear infections and bronchitis. Each morning my husband would appear in his work uniform and off he went to work. Whilst I did the school run and food shop and housework and dinner and put our children to bed. Anyway last week hubby comes home from work early with the start of a cold and heads off to bed to 'rest'. We see Him lunchtime the next day! Oh How nice would it be to rest and sleep for 12 hours each time I felt crap! Gggrr!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mum of 2 munchkins For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (12-10-2016),BettyV  (12-10-2016),binnielici  (12-10-2016),Freyamum  (12-10-2016),Happymum2  (12-10-2016),JustJaq  (14-10-2016),kim85  (12-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-10-2016),misho  (12-10-2016),mmaf  (12-10-2016),MrsSS  (14-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My husband is so good at letting me rest when I'm sick...but I get angry when he is sick. It annoys me that he's sick and isn't able to function normally. I think I'm just really awful, though 😂 I'd make a terrible nurse!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was telling my husband for two weeks that I was really struggling with my head cold. He turns around after the two weeks and goes "I'm feeling a bit sniffly, probably coming down with something, I hope you don't get it".

That's him to a T. He would totally care, if he bloody listened in the first place and even knew I was sick. I don't bother mentioning it too much anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im the worst home nurse when it comes to DH.

I just cannot tolerate it which sounds awful but really i wish he'd just take some initiative - ie - if you have a headache take some panadol rather than waiting hours for it to get worse.

Plus he expects me to fetch him everything - i dont see anyone running to get me a wet facewasher etc hen im sick.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'd be pretty annoyed too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally feel you there.. I'm currently off work on sick leave and I'm suppose to be resting and relaxing but no I'm running around after my DP who is off also on work comp for his right shoulder and he can't seem to do too much cause of the pain so I'm doing basically everything including the driving as well - also I have my dad that lives with us and he isn't much help either has he is recovering for surgery so I'm playing nurse for 2 males - feels like I can't catch a break at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope as I'm the Sooky sick one lol terrible I know. Hubby is pretty good

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Poor DH he can't catch a break with me. When I'm sick it's the end of the world! When he's sick he kind of powers through because I'm hopeless!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was bed ridden with man-flu (the worst I'd ever had) for a few days much to the merriment and eventual annoyance of my wife. I think she thought I was malingering.. she then caught man-flu of me which I guess morphed into women-flu, apparently much worse than man-flu as she was bed-ridden for a week. She has more sympathy for me now though, when I get sick

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DrewS For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (14-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes because he gets a cold and is like a bear with his sore head. I get pneumonia and life goes on - I'm still on full parental, cooking/working etc duties. Maybe I get resentful of him more than anger