+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    1) My Mum she just amazes me everyday, no matter what life throws at her (and in the last 18 months life has thrown some **** her way) she gets up everyday and continues on with a smile or shoulder for those who need it and even if those who crap on her need help she gives it. Plus she dropped out of highschool and struggled through dead end jobs to build a company worth a fortune.

2) My Nan who was bought over from England by her father after her mother died and was shipped off to multiple boarding schools and fell in love quickly trusted to easily which saw her divorced a few times and being a single Mum to 4 kids (which was frowned upon back then) but she did it and did it while working her way up from a small town newspaper editors secretary to a political journalist in a major city. She has such a brilliant mind which has now been lost to Alzheimer's but before her condition advanced she wrote her memoir so her story lives on.

3) Not sure what to put for number 3 so I will say someone I have a new found admiration for Candace Cameron Bure not because she is on tv but because she stands by her beliefs and who she is and doesn't compromise any of it. I think she is a wonderful role model for young girls (even if you don't agree with her religious beliefs) because she has gotten to where she is without falling into a lot of the Hollywood traps.

What does this say about me? I guess that I admire strong women who never let someone being a **** or telling them no stop them from achieving what will make them happy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Thanks ladies - I don't know who some of the women are however interesting stories nonetheless.

It seems like Nannas are consistently ranked in the top 3... Go Nannas!

Ps Elizabeth Bennett and other fictional characters permitted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My mum - not only an amazing mother and extremely amazing grandmother she's actually a great wife to my dad, who was conscripted to Vietnam the week after their wedding ( she was 20 he was 21) and she then had to endure his PTSD ( married now for 49 years) and was a great SAHM to us while raising 2 very independent daughters and a very caring son

My nana - just cause she was awesome , nothing overly special as in she was born here and lived a pretty standard life but raised 3 boys and was just the nicest most genuine non judgmental person ever and I always think when I'm about to say something *****y - nan would never say that , she used to say " say whatever you need to say in your mind as some things you say in anger can never be unheard and life is too short for regrets"

Oprah - I love a good come from
    Nothing story !

What does this say about me ? Um maybe family is everything and we live in a world where anything is possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well mine are a little different but whatevs

Constance Hall - we have a lot of the same values. She is funny and real.

Lisa Eldridge - yes she is a makeup artist but she is so beautifully spoken (and loves cats lol). She loves and supports women for who they are.

Caitlin Stasey - I love her for pushing the boundaries. And many other things.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (12-10-2016),TheGooch  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Well mine are a little different but whatevs

Constance Hall - we have a lot of the same values. She is funny and real.

Lisa Eldridge - yes she is a makeup artist but she is so beautifully spoken (and loves cats lol). She loves and supports women for who they are.

Caitlin Stasey - I love her for pushing the boundaries. And many other things.
    I watch Lisa's videos all the time, just because I love hearing her speak and she's so ridiculously beautiful. I'm with you on Caitlin as well. Such a powerful voice for a young generation of women.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (12-10-2016),twinklify  (12-10-2016)