+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I we looking for reward charts and a friend recommended here. Never used the reward charts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I joined when I found out I was pregnant with Bub #1.
    I googled and I'm so grateful to have found this thread, it's bought me a lot of peace, a place where I can get plenty of advice. A place where I can give advice/feedback.
    Was also hoping to find people in my area as I was new to the state. Didn't happen. I don't think many people are happy to meet in person. I did meet ladies from my DIG group.
    I really like the forum and I won't be going anywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Google. I stayed because I found it interesting and I made friends. I'm still here partly out of habit, partly out of comfort and partly because I'm too lazy to start afresh in a new forum.
    This is me.

I've left 3 times now though. First time I had a different username. I left when DD was quite little after being slaughtered when seeking sleep advice when I was ready to throw the towel in on being a parent.

I came back that time and each other time as I need to feel connected to something, like I am part of something, I always need advice, I can't parent on my own - DH parents on instinct, I parent based on having as much knowledge as possible and BH gives me that too (though sometimes too much information confuses me and makes it harder to know the best course of action.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (11-10-2016),Yogis Mumma  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    I we looking for reward charts and a friend recommended here. Never used the reward charts
    I don't know why but this cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I found bubhub when I was TTC #2. I had had a very long and lonely fertility journey when trying to have DD so was so incredibly glad to have people to talk to about something I simply could not talk about to friends and family.

I was then diagnosed with Leukaemia and had to give up trying to have a second bub - and the friendship and support that I received was just incredible.

I have been a mod for a long time now too - and made some absolutely wonderful friends who have made such a difference in my life.

I might have breaks from time to time - but the amazing wonderful people here will always bring me back.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (11-10-2016),witherwings  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found bh in 2009 when I got given horrible news at the 12 week scan. I wasn't very active to start with but still remember one particular lady from our DIG and her journey.

The way our DIG banded together when she lost her baby is why I stayed. We were her 'village' and everybody needs that.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (11-10-2016),TheGooch  (11-10-2016),Yogis Mumma  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What brought you to Bubhub?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Google. I had a newborn, was clueless and this forum always came up.

Like @harvs I started a thread seeking advice, not many responded but I was so glad anybody did!

I then lurked for a long long time, long enough to forget my user name, then started again seeking support for controlled crying (not realising not many on the hub supported it lol).

I became instantly hooked. I felt so isolated and it was a lifeline. Had a lot of bumps along the way, threads going sour, offending people with my wording, got much better and comfortable with time, I guess as others got to know me and my intentions.
    Ok this may seem random, did you have an incident with a chipped tile and MIL?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (12-10-2016),TheGooch  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I came here in 2012 looking for breastfeeding advice for my DS2 and have hung around ever since. I had a break when my Sept 2014 DIG moved to FB but I like to read along and occasionally post!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Ok this may seem random, did you have an incident with a chipped tile and MIL?
    I remember that thread.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What brought you to Bubhub?

I can't remember exactly, as I joined way before we started TTC (joined 2009, only got pregnant on our first cycle trying in 2011) but I think it was due to a link i saw online about a topic of discussion that was getting very heated on here that I had an interest in. I got involved in that discussion and then came back to the forum a couple of years later when i got pregnant with DS1.