+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Two to three kids? Why such a tough decision?

We have two beautiful boys and contemplating having a third but that's as far as it goes, contemplating! The decision to have one child then a second (so they can have a sibling) was an easy choice but to have a third is proving a harder decision. The boys would need to share a room, could I cope with the washing and general noise of a third child? Can we afford another child? Are we pushing our luck to have a third healthy child? If I do a pro and cons list (I love lists ha ha!) it's always more cons. Does the desire to have a child just disappear? Do I want another child
    To maybe have a daughter? So many questions! Anyone else out there
    Currently going through the same thing or anyone that has three children with any advice??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I have 2 boys (5 & 4) and a daughter who is 16 months.

For us, we always wanted 3 so although there was a pros and cons list, in the scheme of things we wanted a bigger family and 3 was our number so this overrode the cons.

For us now, the cons list of having 4 carries too much weight and that's how we know we don't want another one.
    Not sure if any of that makes sense haha.

I would've always had 3 even if I'd had a boy and a girl first.

I was already busy with the boys so the workload isn't that much different but it's just this phase (16 months and into everything) that is hard. When she's more independent it'll be easier and as for cost, it obviously goes up but to us having 3 is the perfect number!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hazzyj For This Useful Post:

Mum of 2 munchkins  (11-10-2016),witherwings  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps my boys share rooms and they love it, wouldn't want to be seperate!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hazzyj For This Useful Post:

Mum of 2 munchkins  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have three. It was hard going from 2 to 3. Establishing breastfeeding around school drop offs was tricky. And you are outnumbered, it's harder to do things one on one with each child. Plus the washing is significantly greater haha.

In saying that he is the perfect addition to our family. I couldn't imagine life without him. He completes our family and we are so content now. The hard parts are hardly recognisable distant memories, life with the three of them is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 3 kids. 6&4&1. When dd3 arrived I was busy. Way way too busy. DH was working interstate, I had to pack and move the house to Canberra from Brisbane. I had both my nieces and my baby's christening within a week and I catered to both singlehandedly flying solo.

So in short the first eight weeks were super busy. BUT if you are not going to move interstate shortly after the baby's birth and your DH will be in the same postcode as you then I feel you will be ok.

I'm keen to have #4 so obviously I'm not too scared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two boys and a girl . I love love love them all and would never ever change it obviously ! My daughter has brought a joy to my life that is so amazing , my boys are best friends and so wonderful BUT !!!! I feel so guilty , I cannot divide my time equally , my husband try's to put my older needier son to bed , I put my daughter to bed and my other son misses out a lot , we always make a huge effort with him but it's hard with the other two . When we go out its harder watching three . There are many ways we feel out numbered and like they don't get quality time . I almost wish I had had the boys and then twins so my daughter had someone her own age to play with .

But saying that , I love the bigger family and I love my daughter gets special time with me . If I hadn't had her the urge would still be there . I felt someone was missing when i just had the two . She was supposed to be in our lives but it is harder to make it all fair .

Good luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following as I struggle with this decision everyday. We have 2 girls and can't decide if we should have another and time is ticking (in thr sense of age gaps- we dont want a huge one and already if we get pregnant now there will be nearly 4 years between them andd dd2.

It would be sooo much easier if my hubby would make the decision but he is just as indecisive.
    Having 1 kid was something we 100% knew we wanted, then the second was 100% but now not sure with 3rd...