+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bra wise with DS1 I was 16wks and went from a small c to a DD after his birth I was an e then settled to a dd. DS2 which was 9yrs later I was 12wks went from c to d to DD to e back to DD again. I bought some dale bra's from bras n things and took the underwires out then switched to the maternity towards the end

Centrelink i had a crn as my ex DH left when I was 16wks. I didn't bother organising my ppl until the wk after DS2 was born as I was on 15wks paid leave from work first. Ppl has just kicked in. When you've got your my gov account you can link everything to get letters etc all online and no paper ones. Install the Centrelink and Medicare app on your phone use the same password. When your in hospital with bubs they will give you the paperwork for Centrelink with a unique code with will match up to their end for their proof that you've had the baby. You don't need to go into the offices at all to do any of this. I sat on my computer and did the lot same for the birth certificate.

Now for tmi, if you get majorly "blocked" up microlax 5ml will be your best friend, trust me, instant relief omg. I had c-sec and the drugs block you up big time.

Drink lots of fluids all day everyday even in the middle of the night. Rest when you can and take a nap when you can. Get a cleaner towards the end if you can afford it. Make lotsa meals to freeze when you finish up work.

Don't go bonkers buying our baby bunting it's hard not to. There is so much crap in those stores you don't need half it.

Take pics of your belly every couple of weeks. I was monthly as I didn't get bigger until my 7month

Enjoy your bump from what I've read on here it's taken you a while just like it did for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ooh I have another one, at what point would I be needing to look at childcare places? I'd be hoping for 12 months off work, but to be honest as long as I get next Christmas off I don't mind so much (at this stage anyway). Am I more likely to get a place at the beginning of a year or does it not work that way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Ooh I have another one, at what point would I be needing to look at childcare places? I'd be hoping for 12 months off work, but to be honest as long as I get next Christmas off I don't mind so much (at this stage anyway). Am I more likely to get a place at the beginning of a year or does it not work that way?
    Alot of daycares do big room changes and move kids up at the beginning of the year. The daycare that ds goes to sent out forms two months ago to get an idea of days required and who will be moving up a room.

From past experience I would be looking at centres once you have bub to go on a waiting list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our daycare has big changes in January & June. As pp said - children move up to the next room, existing families choose their days for the following year etc.
    I put DD on the waiting list when she was 3 weeks old, to start at 8 months. I still had to ring & hassle them when it got close to me going back to work. Once she was in it has been relatively easy to add days or change days when I got creased my work hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are you in a major city? Some Syd mums have their babies on wait lists from second trimester and they still miss out
    Obv that's quite suburb specific though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're in Brisbane aren't you?

I personally have an inner city childcare and it was fairly easy to get a spot in Feb - but there were some that had a wait list of at least a year.

I suggest looking at a bunch of them. Put your name down. You can always say yes or no or revisit later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah in Bris, only about 10km out of the city. I'm going to look at getting Bub in at the childcare at work but also closer to home. Depends on whether my boss will give me regular rostered shifts on my return to work and even that's up in the air as she's retiring next year! I'm probably getting way ahead of myself but when I said to DH I wanted 12 months off he was like, ahh how about 6 months... we have some work to do to agree on what I am going to do! My biggest fear is that Bub ends up in "in-law daycare". No offense to my MIL (as DH turned out ok) but I do not want her being a primary carer for my child... (BIL is a 20yo man child who had absolutely no independence or drive to get some).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know in SA where I am I booked ds2 into childcare in feb earlier this year and he isn't starting until June next year. I can't get him a spot until after I go back to work for one of the days and 8 weeks later I can my second day. My folks are doing 2 days a week and childcare 2 days a week but are having him heaps until he starts. DP is going to have some time off work to help my folks out. It's an awesome centre across the road from work 7 mins from home and the nursery mum is my old kindy teacher so that's even better for me plus ds1 was so happy there to until he started school in 2012. Mid year entries are a lot harder then the beginning of the year because of kids starting school.

In regards to where to put bubs, think about closer to home as if your sick one day from work and still want to use childcare then you'll have to drive them in still where as if closer to home it's easier on you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post

In regards to where to put bubs, think about closer to home as if your sick one day from work and still want to use childcare then you'll have to drive them in still where as if closer to home it's easier on you
    Yeah that is something at the back of my mind. DH does pass the hospital on his way to work, but it would require him to make a slight detour. It's more just trying to work out when to think about these things!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually like that DS's childcare is closer to work.

Of course it depends on where you live. If you drive etc etc as to what you prefer.