+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Going crazy, need a little vent

Hey all! My fiancé and I recently decided to ttc so I finished up the pill and had a withdrawal bleed after a few days. Now it's been seven weeks since then and no sign of AF. I had been feeling run down and bloated so out of curiosity took a frer on the 1st Oct and got bfn.

Not knowing when (if?) AF is going to show is driving me crazy! Before the pill I had regular cycles, I stopped taking it for a couple of months last year and while I was off it everything went back to normal very quickly and I was regular. I know it could take some time for things to go back to normal down there but it's making me a bit mental at the moment, haha.

I'm considering temping and/or getting some opk's to try and figure out what'/ happening. What were your experiences ttc when coming off the pill?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably not what you want to hear but the pill being a synthetic hormone can wreck havoc on your reproductive system. It can take from 6 months to 2 years to go back to what is normal.
    In saying this you said you were off it a couple of months and everything went back to normal so I would just try and relax (annoying I know). You stressing could be what's holding back AF.

Good luck! Hopefully you're a lucky one whose periods return and you get pregnant easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It took 6 months for AF to return when I came off the pill. I then (well, not then, but about another 6 months later) discovered that I had PCOS and issues with my thyroid. I had been on the pill for 20 years though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't stress that interferes with your cycle. Start having a good diet rich on vegetables and fruit (lots of them). A healthy diet and exercise will help you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got off the pill a month ago and also had a withdrawal bleed (after not having a period for 9+ years!)

I also feel bloated and run down. I've heard accupuncture speeds up the process of returning your cycle to normal so I'm going to give that a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think opk's and temping are a great idea, you can still be ovulating without having a period.(just as you can have a period but not be ovulating). I went a long time without a period after the pill (maybe took 2 years to become regular again). But I wasn't trying to get pregnant and I put it down to stress and not eating as well as I should be. My bff fell pregnant without having had a period for some time. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I definitely recommend temping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies all, I'm going to get into temping and hopefully that will give me an idea what's going on down there. It's just so frustrating that last time I was off it everything went back to normal almost straight away!