+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you get out of BH?

New thread inspired by current affairs on here, what do you get out of BH? Friendship, passing the time, a thrill... Be honest. I'm very interested to see what some say.

Me - I feel very isolated being a sahm and it's a connection to others. I like the anonymity of it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I need to talk to someone else that isn't my DH lol.

I am generally quite shy and prefer that I can talk to people without having to 'talk'.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (11-10-2016),HearMeRoar  (11-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-10-2016),Tiny Dancer  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Much more than I give back!! Usually I start threads when I'm struggling or curious about other mums thoughts or sometimes when spending too much time at home (sahm) it's just nice to have someone to chat to even if it's virtual. I like anonymity as I often say things about people IRL that I wouldn't want them to hear. I'm not a gossiper but sometimes I like to vent about things that people do that upset me. It really has helped me a lot so many times. I wish I had more time to offer help or advice but tend to stop in when I'm in need rather than regularly for chit chat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Originally I was hoping for friendship but now it is a helpful place for me to say things i cant irl

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment I'm more of a lurker because our baby is not born and my DW is carrying bub. Due to the other thread I am going to try to be more engaged.

I just find it hard because
    A. I'm not the pregnant one so feel like I will be judged for asking questions or contributing in anything pregnancy related

B. The debates can get vicious and I can't be bothered to have my posts picked apart.

I used to be here under another username and I was quite active. But that was mainly on fluff threads and others like that because I felt I could post there.

I'm sure I will enjoy the hub more when bub is born and then even more when I'm staying at home with bub.

I have been here since I think 2008/2009 and it has changed so much over the years!

But I still stick around because I do like having the anonymity of it. If never go to a Facebook group because privacy is non existent there.

Bubhub is a fun time when there's a fair share of fluff threads compared to just TTC/pregnancy threads. The debates are good when done respectfully as well.

I'll probably end up leaving the hub when the kids move out of home haha 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting to see what others say I suppose. A chat to someone that isn't my DP or my bestie. All my friends work so I don't have a massive social aspects out of the house. I asked cafhs to sign me up for a mums group in my area but I wasn't allowed to as I was in one 9 yrs ago !. Talk about BS !.

I've come across mums in similar situations so it's good to compare notes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know anymore. At first it was to meet people in my DIG and I made friends out of that, but this was back before DIGs moved to FB so way more people were active in other threads as well.
    Then it was to engage in topics of interest which got heated and I enjoyed the thrill of the discussion. Now that's kind of dying off, I don't really know. Honestly, I find replying to threads like this boring, in that I bore myself. I don't find my replies interesting and struggle with finding the energy to put in the effort to construct a response. That, plus dealing with auto correct and yeah, it all feels a bit too much effort for the end result which is usually bland and ignored. I like reading other people's responses though. I think they're interesting and often articulate what I want to say in a much more concise, witty or just better way. I like to think the hub is way more than just a forum about parenting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think me logging on here is more habit than anything else.

I originally joined looking for support on a particular issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like reading offer people's perspectives on things. I'm on my own a lot (husband works away a lot and friends all work, moved in different non-baby directions) and it's a bit of 'social' time. I am quite an introvert so that platform works well for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get a lot out of it. As a first (and only!!) time mum who has really struggled with first ivf then pregnancy then the first year and now toddlerhood, meeting other people online that I have no real obligations to (eg I can drift in and out as I wish) is a fantastic support. I don't have many friends in real life and no really close ones anyway so I don't have many people to talk to. At present DH is away a lot so I have even fewer people to talk to. So the social aspect is nice.
    It's something to do when I need a few minutes break or when I used to BF.
    I like asking questions when I need some different perspectives about what to do in a particular situation.
    I like reading about what other people are up to.
    I get a lot out of bubhub at the moment so thanks to all the lovely ladies on here

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (11-10-2016),BeautyOfTheSoul  (11-10-2016),HeavenBlue  (12-10-2016)