+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you get done in an average day??

I think I've started heaps of these threads over the years but I'll love reading how others manage their time as I seem to be completely hopeless!!
    I'm sitting here at nearly 2pm and not yet put away breakfast dishes or had a shower!! Where am I going wrong??
    Up at 6.30. Give ms2 short bf, empty dishwasher, stick on load of washing, make 2 lunches and breakfasts, set out uniforms, pack daycare bag, help ds with last min homework, take 15mins to eat my breakfast. Leave 8.30. Drop kids off to school and daycare. Grocery shop and stop at target for kids clothes. Home unpack groceries. Hang out washing, stick another on. That's it!
    Otherwise I have done Pilates as I prioritised over tidying up and been researching some health stuff for myself. But daycare day is nearly over. Kids will come home and I'll still have to tidy up kitchen, vacuum and clean floor, make dinner, order more groceries and fit in play outside with ms2 as she can't play outside on her own... (only front yard) And even though I'm not getting much done she watches way too much tv and other kids spend too long on iPads...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your list is quite extensive - it seems to me you do a lot during the day.

As for me, not much around the house on weekdays because I'm at work.

Typical day is - up at 5.30, iron clothes for day (because I iron as I go), hang out washing (done overnight) or throw in dryer, shower, unload dishwasher, make and eat breakfast, make lunch for DD3 and me, therapy homework with DD3. Leave home between 6.45 and 7. Before school care drop off. Go to work.

Depending on the day - get home from work at 3.30 or 5.30. Taxi kids various places. Help DD3 with school homework. More therapy homework. Race down to shops for some vitally important item that someone needs at school for the next day (seems to happen at least weekly). Dinner. Load dishwasher. Do some tidying / vaccumming. Put on a load(s) of washing. Maybe give toilets, bathroom surfaces the once over. Fold and put washing away (varies, I'm pretty slack). Watch something on TV, maybe do some baking. Go to bed.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 11-10-2016 at 13:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you are expecting too much of yourself.

I am sick today so am doing nothing house-y.

Today I have wrapped Christmas presents and some birthday presents for the kids. And generally looked after DD. I ate some food. The only other plans are probably doing the dishwasher and cooking some dinner later.

I tend to do DS's lunchbox when I am cooking dinner (or cleaning up the kitchen) so I do not have to do it the next day.

I honestly think your older kids can do some stuff.

Put their own dishes in the dishwasher. Pack their own bags. Clean up their room/toys. Put away clean clothes.

I only vacuum once a week or so as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're getting lots in! I hate those days though, when it gets to 3 o'clock and you think what have I gotten done.

as boring as it is i find having a morning and night routine helps me lots. Also to get up and get ready, before you get the kids ready. So even if you're not going anywhere you're still showered, dressed, makeup or whatever. I also find having a quick look over my diary/to do list for the day with my morning coffee reminds me of what I wanted to get done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got four children, two at home (3yrs & 11months).
    BF baby at 7am. DH takes him downstairs while I shower and dress and do a quick whip around upstairs like make beds, tidy kids stuff etc etc when DH is away, which is often, I get up at 6.30 and shower so that I always start the day showered and dress which to me equals awake and functioning lol
    by 7.30 I am doing breakfasts for kids and unpacking dishwasher usually all whilst carrying baby on my hip! Clean up after their breakfast and make baby his breakfast which I feed hi at 8. During all of this I send kids upstairs to dress, do my DD's hair and give the boys' hair a quick brush and spray. Then on to teeth brushing and face washing. We then walk to bus stop at 8.35.

Home and I have my breakfast. Clean up kitchen properly, put bar stools and kitchen table chairs up ready to vacuum & mop (mop every second day). Put the days load of washing on. Sort two kids all while this is going on. I will leave the house without vacuuming but I never leave without properly cleaning the kitchen, just habit I suppose.

If if I go out this is when I do but I generally only go out one morning a week.

Rest set of the day is spent tidying after kids, preparing food, baby to sleep and all that jazz until 3.45 when kids home from bus and afternoon tea and afternoon '**** shift' starts with homework, dinner....urgh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today is my ds1's last day of school holidays. So i have ds1 (7 yrs), dd (2.5yrs) and ds2 (11 months) at home.

I have done 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the fridge, cleaned out the car and vaccumed the house so far in terms of housework. My kids wake early and thats when most of it got done, we then spent 3 hours at the park and have come home for the little two to nap. I am lying down with them as i cant be stuffed doing any more right now. At some point this afternoon i will clean the two bathrooms as they need doing. We are getting take out tonight so I'm not bothering with cooking at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 4 kids, grade 1, prep, 3 year old and 9 month old. On my 3 workdays I prepare everything the night before, bags packed, uniforms and clothes laid out, lunches packed and in the fridge, everything prepared. My alarm goes off at 5:30, that's my breastfeed the 9 month old alarm. I do that for 15minutes and then get out of bed at 5:45 and have 15 mintues to get ready before the kids get up at 6. at 6 I help them get dress, put their lunches in their bags, brush my daughters hair and we're out the door at 6:20 for a 6:30 drop off at daycare/before school care where they have breakfast and I have mine when I get to work at 7. I leave work at 3:30, pick them all up from daycare/after school care at 4, get home, do washing (I use the dryer), cook dinner, get everythign ready for the next day, bath them all, and get them all into bed.

On a thursday I don't work so mornings are way more relaxed and I don't prepare the night before, so we get to sleep a little longer and have breakfast at home before we drop the schoolies off. Then we have swimming for the 9 month old at 11:30, and we also usually go to the gym and do some shopping. I fit doing the dishes and washing the clothes around all this, but it always goes in the dryer. Pick the schoolies up at 3 then the other 3 have their swimming lesson before we get home and do all the night stuff.

Friday is drop kids off and be a lazy sh!t until it's time to pick them up. Hahaha. Although it's also the day where if I want to do something fun like dreamworld or a water park or something with the 3 year old we do it on a Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My day today (working day)

Up at 5.30am. Gym 6-7am. Then home to hang out washing done overnight, get showered and drop dd1 to school at 8.15am then to work . DH wakes at 6am and gets all girls dressed and breakfasted. He takes dd2 and dd3 to daycare at 7.10am. He starts dd1 on homework and I check it.

I'm home after school and before my tutoring. So I'm quickly expressing, shoved dinner in microwave to thaw (frozen meal) and need to bring in washing. I tutor 4-8.30pm 3x nights a week. Then home to pack lunches and sort out bags and stuff for tomorrow.

When DH gets home it's dinner bath and bed for all three.

Home days.

Up 5.30am. Sometimes I gym in the morning, other days I don't.
    Breakfasted and dressed for day by 8am then washing hung out. School drop off then. Put baby down for a nap or we head out for an activity ie playgroup.
    Home at 11.30/12 for lunch and naps. Nap time 12.30-2.30/3pm. Then school pick up and prep dinner if not made already. Bring in washing, sort and put it away.
    Dinner bath and bed 5-6.30pm. Tidy kitchen/house 6.30-7.30pm. Pack lunches and bags if necessary.

Switch off at 8pm latest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some days I'm on fire. Place is clean, washing done and folded, baking snacks and prepped dinner.

Other days, like today....... well let's just say I'm p1ssing time away on my phone, the place is a bombsite, the kids are feral and bored.

It depends largely on how much sleep or energy I have, and how well behaved or clingy the kids are.

I do have a to do list but I don't beat myself for days like this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

BB77  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Some days I do a lot while others nothing. The past week I have only done the bare essentials like cook dinner and maybe wash a uniform or 2 for work. I have left the rest to my mum as I am not in the best place currently so spending a lot of time either trying to sleep or sleeping. Today I am surprised I actually showered at 10am. The rest of the day has been spent in my room watching netflix and trying to sleep as I am back at work tonight.