+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing for some extra ideas. DD is now 10 months old and I've been dairy and soy free since she was 4 weeks old. My best find has been chocolate ice cream made with almond milk at my local woolworths, and yumi dips (especially the sweet potato and cashew).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misstrouble For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (11-10-2016),binnielici  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oooh icecream will have to look for it! And the dips. Well done for keeping this up so long. I'm trying not to think tonfar ahead as it feels a bit overwhelming at the moment. I'm sure that once things settle and I get better at it it won't feel that way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

misstrouble  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm dairy free due to severe dermatitis when I eat it.
    I can tolerate small amounts of ghee as a butter substitute. Ghee removes all the protein but leaves the fat. I make it myself and cook it for double the amount of time to remove more.

Try stay away from soy products- soy is oestrogen mimicking.

I found once I cut out both gluten & dairy my symptoms improved dramatically, gluten & dairy are cross reactors.

Woolworths sell a brand- Nutty Bruce in the fresh milk section, they're my favourite nut milks and all organic too.

If you look at gluten free products most will be dairy free also, but I personally stay away from most packaged foods as they're normally full of nasties.

Ice cream I get zebra dream brand
    Chocolate I get pana chocolate
    Cheese substitute I use cashew cheese or very occasionally the bio cheese posted by a pp.
    sour cream/cream I make my own cashew creams.

You can get plenty of calcium from almonds and green leafy veg however if you're not eating much of these it's a good idea to take a good quality calcium supplement but make sure it has vit d as you need vit d to obsorb the calcium.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (12-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefull29 View Post
    I'm dairy free due to severe dermatitis when I eat it.
    I can tolerate small amounts of ghee as a butter substitute. Ghee removes all the protein but leaves the fat. I make it myself and cook it for double the amount of time to remove more.

Try stay away from soy products- soy is oestrogen mimicking.

I found once I cut out both gluten & dairy my symptoms improved dramatically, gluten & dairy are cross reactors.

Woolworths sell a brand- Nutty Bruce in the fresh milk section, they're my favourite nut milks and all organic too.

If you look at gluten free products most will be dairy free also, but I personally stay away from most packaged foods as they're normally full of nasties.

Ice cream I get zebra dream brand
    Chocolate I get pana chocolate
    Cheese substitute I use cashew cheese or very occasionally the bio cheese posted by a pp.
    sour cream/cream I make my own cashew creams.

You can get plenty of calcium from almonds and green leafy veg however if you're not eating much of these it's a good idea to take a good quality calcium supplement but make sure it has vit d as you need vit d to obsorb the calcium.
    Thanks so much for all of this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @binnielici no worries. It seems hard at the start but once you get your head around it it's actually pretty easy. If you have any other questions just ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Oooh icecream will have to look for it! And the dips. Well done for keeping this up so long. I'm trying not to think tonfar ahead as it feels a bit overwhelming at the moment. I'm sure that once things settle and I get better at it it won't feel that way.
    It definitely gets easier with time but I still get caught out sometimes particularly trying to eat out. And unfortunately DD is a really clingy baby so I don't have much time to cook things to serve as replacements. But I have to admit I like the weight loss benefits (although that's probably partly due to carrying DD while chasing DS too!).