+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to Australia

Hi everyone

I don't know if this is in the right place (newbie). Me DH and DS (16 months old) are moving to the sunny coast , Queensland in 10 days. DH and I have lived there before but this is the first time DS will have been here.

Anyway, I really
    Just wanted some advice on australia specific things for my DS. Things like what's clothes to wear at night and when vaccinations happen and anything else you think might be useful.

Thank you in advance for any help )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there , I'm on the Sunshine Coast up in the hinterland. It's such great weather right now , have not had much rain for a long time . Currently there is a bit of a midge / sandfly problem so buy insect repellant ! Not a bad problem though when you have such amazing beauty everywhere . I love it here , everyday I'm grateful to be here . So beautiful .
    It's colder up in the hinterland than the coast but I'm in my shorts and a t shirt right now . The mornings have been cooler , so I've had a longer sleeve top on but come 9am it's warm again .
    We have a pool and the kids have been in it the last week and we have been swimming at the beach . It's only spring !

My kids have been back at school for a week and a bit and then go back on holidays around Dec 10th .

We have only been here a year ( from NSW) but it's the best move we have made for all of us .

Have fun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you babynomad, that helps . Can't wait to get there. The weather in the U.K. Is cooling down now...reminding me of one of the reasons why we wanted to move back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @MrsChuckles, we are originally from the Uk and moved over here 9 years ago living on the Sunshine Coast. Love it here it is a beautiful part of the world to live in. I remember moving over at the end of August thinking the weather was so hot and wearing shorts all the time where as now I will definitely be in Jeans in August and find it cold at times - funny how we acclimatize.
    Friends of ours brought their children over here when they were little and had their children on a catch up program for immunisations. Its not so much that they were behind with immunisations but they are done in a different order over here. Speak to a gp as soon as possible when you get over here as I know it effects your child benefit so the sooner the better.
    Not sure if you are planning on working or will be a SAHM but there are lots of groups to take your LO to across the coast to meet new people including Mainly music groups, library sessions and playgroups. Do you have any idea where abouts you are moving to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just following as we'll be moving to Sunny Coast in a month Sorry to crash!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside thanks for that, health stuff was one of my main worries.

We're going to be around the currimundi/little mountain area. I'm going to work full time and DH is going to be SAHD!

The first time we moved over it was December...we thought we were going to expire with the heat but soon got used to it!
    @Frankenmum feel free to tag along. Where will you be moving to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're just trying to decide where at the moment. DH's new job is at Caloundra, so we're hoping to be within a 20ish min drive of there, and hopefully not too far from the beach!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well good luck. If you want any advice let me know and I'm sure people on here will have plenty of ideas too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChuckles For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChuckles View Post
    Well good luck. If you want any advice let me know and I'm sure people on here will have plenty of ideas too.
    Thanks! Hope your move goes smoothly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Thanks! Hope your move goes smoothly
    Thanks, me too! Looking at our flat at the moment seems like it's never gonna happen!