+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default 'Clown Purge' craze

In case you haven't been watching the news, there is a new 'trend' where folks are dressing as clowns to menace people.

It seems to have started in the States and now there are clowns popping up in areas of Australia.

Here's an article if anyone wants to get up to speed:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...d1500acc87935a

I see this all going downhill extremely quickly.

I heard on the news today that police have warned these 'clowns' that there will be charges for behaving like this, and have also warned that if a person attacks a clown then it will be considered 'self defence'.

You've gotta feel for those who are professional clowns. How are they going to go about their job without people suspecting they are one of the 'bad' clowns?

Anyway, feel free to share your thoughts on this. Does anyone have a genuine clown phobia? I can imagine this would be incredibly unsettling if so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was unaware of it until yesterday when I saw someone mention it and asked what she was talking about. I doubt it would ever make it to where I live. But I really hate this kind of crap. I do. Why can't people just leave other people to their own lives? I would hate to feel uneasy leaving the house because of clowns of all things.

I don't think people that do these sorts of pranks, take into consideration, or ever care about the long term ramifications for themselves or the people they "prank".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is one of those things that would fade away if we stopped giving it publicity. The media keep reporting their whereabouts and creating hysteria.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (10-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My issue is not necessarily the 'dressing up like a clown' thing (seeming as there is a zombie walk every year. Poor clowns need a day lol). I suppose some of the behaviour that happened in the US (robberies and violence FROM the clowns) has scared and worried people.

If it is harmless then any show of violence toward the clown should be dealt with by police for what it is - not self defence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My issue is that these clowns are armed. I read one news article yesterday where a woman was approached by a clown waving a knife around, while she was leaving a car park. She said it was hard to not run the clown over

People will act out of instinct and run these clowns down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I was unaware of it until yesterday when I saw someone mention it and asked what she was talking about. I doubt it would ever make it to where I live. But I really hate this kind of crap. I do. Why can't people just leave other people to their own lives? I would hate to feel uneasy leaving the house because of clowns of all things.

I don't think people that do these sorts of pranks, take into consideration, or ever care about the long term ramifications for themselves or the people they "prank".
    You would be surprised. There was one wielding an axe at a McDonald's in a little country town in gippsland Victoria.

It's dumb, mainly because it's taking the police resources away from things that are a little more important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not usually scared of clowns but these idiots are making me really scared to look outside when my dogs are barking, even in my backyard. I'm pregnant and have been waking hungry in the night and get scared to get up to get something in the night as I can't get them out of my head!

Also I agree that it's only a matter of time before one of these idiots is hurt. My rational mind says it's just a costume and they're a normal person underneath but my new clown phobia mind tells me that it could be a psycho and if one had a weapon and was acting in a threatening manner I don't know that I wouldn't run them over!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (10-10-2016),Lil Smurfy  (10-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdez View Post
    You would be surprised. There was one wielding an axe at a McDonald's in a little country town in gippsland Victoria.

It's dumb, mainly because it's taking the police resources away from things that are a little more important.
    Where was this?? I'm in Gippsland, though admittedly it's a huge region. Very curious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hollywood it was either moe or morwell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdez View Post
    @Hollywood it was either moe or morwell.
    Oh, ok thanks. They're both about 44-50 minutes away from us...I think we're safe!