+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dont see anything wrong with that combination. Majority of the time we only get called by our first name anyway. ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've definitely heard worse combinations, it's not that similar IMO. I think it flows well, sounds a bit like an actress's name! As much as Marie helps break the two apart, I feel like you will rarely use all names together unless you're filling out a form, so although it sounds cute together, I don't think it should be a factor in your decision.

Only time I think the similarity in sound might come into play is when she is working one day, but even then I don't think it's that similar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
    Dont see anything wrong with that combination. Majority of the time we only get called by our first name anyway. ☺
    We do but before we know someone we are always introduced as both names. I always like to add the name to the end of this sentence to see how I really feel about a name.

Hi, I'd like to introduce you to my friend XYZ.

What feeling do you get when you hear that name in that context.

Hi, Id like to introduce you to my friend Darcy Davies. Do you like that? If so try and convince your DH, if it sounds a bit odd, maybe time for a new choice. There are some great unisex name suggestions been made already

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like the name Darcy but agree that it doesn't really go with Davis. How about:

Jamie Davis
    Taylor Davis
    Billie Davis
    Frankie Davis
    Peyton Davis
    Harper Davis
    Emerson Davis

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your comments and suggestions so far

We are still no closer to a decision, I personally don't think Darcy Davis is that bad but of course don't want to pressure DH into anything or regret giving the kid a name she hates!

Lets hope its a boy and there wont be an issue! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like me and my DH. Before kids we had two names picked out - one boy and one girl. We had a DD first so used our girl name. When UTD with number 2 there was still no other girls names we both loved. Liked but not loved. In the end we settled on one name we each preferred and I let him decide (ie. If and when the baby was born and was a girl he would announce the name based on what he decided). After all the hours of discussing and trawling baby name sites in the last few weeks before my due date wouldn't you know it number 2 was a boy! For the record he had decided we would go with my preferred girls name so I guess I would have been happy either way.