+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I don't like how the guy expected it. I find that rude. They should automatically start getting your change out without you having to ask. So I wouldn't of tipped him at all.
    Yes! This exactly! I was so taken aback that he expected it that it made me all flustered. I thought it was pretty cheeky to put it that way. I did regret tipping him but now I feel bad for not giving enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't tip and I won't tip anytime soon in the future. Not how our wages work. Countries like America depend on tips. But in Australia we don't. Yes they don't earn great wages but that's the job they are in. If we were expected to tip everyone who earns a very low income then we would find ourselves in a predicament. Most of us can't afford tipping. My husband also was a pizza delivery guy once, it inspired him to study and work hard to better himself so he wouldn't be stuck on the cr@p wage it comes with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would never tip anywhere in Australia tbh. Prices are high enough. My local place charges $5 delivery fee if your order is under $20..so no way am I tipping. Pretty rude that he thought you were forgoing your change

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sometimes if I am in a bleh mood, and the change is a few bucks, I'll just say to keep it. In your case he would have had nothing, just because he was rude.

We aren't "tippers" or anything but we do say to keep the change sometimes, with various food service things. We were at a restaurant once and the food was so-so but the service was absolutely exceptional. We wanted to tip the waiter as he had clearly gone out of his way for us and the other patrons, more so than his colleagues did. We were disappointed to find that the tip went into a tip jar to be shared, rather than to him. Meaning the girl sitting in the corner on her phone all night, instead of checking out drinks etc like he did, also got part of that tip. So he was not rewarded above his colleagues for the extra work he put in, which is what we were trying to achieve. That's the last time we tried to tip, ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually pay by credit card upon order and don't tip. If I were to pay by cash I'd probably round up the total to the nearest $5 dollars so they would get anything from a $0.05 to $4.95 tip. I once gave a $80 tip, the order was $20 and I gave the guy $100 and told him to keep the change. The pizza place was a few doors down from my house too - literally 300 m away. He was pretty appreciative. I was drunk lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (09-10-2016)