+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never tipped and never will. My cousin delivered pizza throughout uni and they got paid extra per delivery for the deliveries as they used their own cars. Some nights he would make up to $200 extra just for doing that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pizza delivery etiquette

I don't like how the guy expected it. I find that rude. They should automatically start getting your change out without you having to ask. So I wouldn't of tipped him at all.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 09-10-2016 at 05:31.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-10-2016),babyno1onboard  (09-10-2016),BornToBe  (09-10-2016),cheeeeesecake  (09-10-2016),Gagingi  (09-10-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (09-10-2016),Sketch  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We order and pay online. If the pizza order is correct and on time, we tip them $2. My DH used to be a pizza driver so he also knows how little they are paid.

I think $5.50 on your order is a lot to expect. I think the 50c was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If I ordered and prepaid for it online I wouldn't worry about tipping.

If we pay cash when it's delivered then we give a small tip - my DH is always insists we give a little extra.

If it's a large (expensive) order and they have added a fee for the delivery I don't feel obliged to tip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We order and pay online so no tip. And I've never had the delivery person clearly expect a tip like that.

Tipping is important in the US because of how little they get paid. Our wages (even for pizza delivery people) are much, much better - in the US if you don't tip your wait or delivery staff they can actually end up out of pocket because of the way the system works. No comparison here at all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I don't like how the guy expected it. I find that rude. They should automatically start getting your change out without you having to ask. So I wouldn't of tipped him at all.
    This. What the driver did is plain rude.

In addition, I've found that pizzas are more expensive for delivery than pickup anyway, (to pay the driver??).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't like how he expected it.

We get pizza from local place and it's very expensive etc but they are so lovely eg hubby went FIFO they were closed for delivery but still delivered after I had **** night with kids I tipped $15! Lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never tipped anyone who has delivered me food. I don't think it's expected in Australia, plus majority of the time I have to pay a delivery fee anyway, so why should I?

I think it was rude that he expected it. They do get paid xx amount per delivery they do.

I also agree with PP, pizza is nearly double the price to get it delivered! There's my tip

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't get food delivered, but I don't usually tip unless it's exceptional service, so I would have been annoyed that he was expecting it.

I would struggle travelling to the US, because I disagree with the customer being expected to choose a worthy tip and would rather just have a higher meal cost so the staff get paid appropriately to begin with. Even here, there are countless industries that the workers, dare I say, work harder (I worked in the food and hospitality industry for years) for less and never see a tip from customers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't ever tip in Australia. It seems to be a growing trend that there are tips jars and maybe even expectations of hospitality workers. But, sorry, eating out here is exorbitantly expensive if we're speaking global costs. I already pay enough for the privilege.

The pizza guy was very rude expecting you to hand your change over - not the best way to "earn" a tip at all.