+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nice quiet one here thank goodness. But i have a bone to pick with @Theboys&me i have been reading over your old 'show me your food' threads and now I am starving!! You should start one up again.
    @harvs what happened to your hills hoist? Aliens?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Saturday night...

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMummaButterfly View Post
    Nice quiet one here thank goodness. But i have a bone to pick with @Theboys&me i have been reading over your old 'show me your food' threads and now I am starving!! You should start one up again.
    @harvs what happened to your hills hoist? Aliens?
    Haha!!! Well we had poached eggs on toast tonight so not pic worthy but it might inspire me to eat a wider range of food again if I do!! I'll start one tomorrow My boyfriend is an amazing cook so I'll take pics of his foodp0rn too!!!

I'm reading about these takeaway dinners and wondering what people order?? I've not had Chinese food since I was a kid and ate honey chicken... way too sweet for me now. I'd love to know what people order??
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 08-10-2016 at 20:27.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

harvs  (08-10-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Haha!!! Well we had poached eggs on toast tonight so not pic worthy but it might inspire me to eat a wider range of food again if I do!! I'll start one tomorrow My boyfriend is an amazing cook so I'll take pics of his foodp0rn too!!!

I'm reading about these takeaway dinners and wondering what people order?? I've not had Chinese food since I was a kid and ate honey chicken... way too sweet for me now. I'd love to know what people order??
    What's your secret to perfect poached eggs 🍳? I love them but they have to be spot on.
    @MrsMummaButterfly it's a long story but after the rains and storms in SA (so last Monday) a neighbour came and asked if my Hills hoist was still working because theirs wasn't. I said that it was as far as I knew, but that I don't really use it so if he wanted any parts just let me know.

Nek minit I discover he clearly needed the whole part!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (08-10-2016),gingermillie  (08-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I just shared a bottle of bubbly and had an ok shag. Now DH is on the PS4 and I'm winding down for bed.

My life is mediocre at best.

To be honest I would of been just as content with watching a Louie Theroux and having a very early bed lol.

Carry on as you were ladies

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (08-10-2016),gingermillie  (08-10-2016),harvs  (08-10-2016),Olive Oil  (08-10-2016),Theboys&me  (08-10-2016),TheGooch  (08-10-2016),VicPark  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Saturday night...

Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    What's your secret to perfect poached eggs ? I love them but they have to be spot on.
    @MrsMummaButterfly it's a long story but after the rains and storms in SA (so last Monday) a neighbour came and asked if my Hills hoist was still working because theirs wasn't. I said that it was as far as I knew, but that I don't really use it so if he wanted any parts just let me know.

Mine are spot on every time. It's mainly about the timing. I just boil the water until it's really bubbling then gently crack the eggs in (no vinegar) ... put down the toast and usually but the time the toast is popped I scoop out the eggs with a strained ladle and put them on paper towel to get off excess water.

I've now converted 3 of my friends and they all just make them like this now. Easiest way ever!! Perfect every time 🏼
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 08-10-2016 at 20:53.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

harvs  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    What's your secret to perfect poached eggs ? I love them but they have to be spot on.

Well that's taking a liberty!
    I broke mine on Thursday
    My Saturday night = just finished doing some work, now catching up on my wine drinking and watching tv. Living the dream!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

harvs  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Well I just shared a bottle of bubbly and had an ok shag. Now DH is on the PS4 and I'm winding down for bed.

To be honest I would of been just as content with watching a Louie Theroux and having a very early bed lol.

Sorry LMS I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this. I hope you have a better thank ok sleep

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

harvs  (08-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (08-10-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post

I'm dying πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

As for me, I just bit into the cork from my wine bottle because I thought it was left over sausage...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chinese takeaway and wine here too.
    But I'm so full of a cold I can't taste a thing! Wasted on me really.

I can hear DD2 repeatedly coughing over the monitor so I'm expecting little sleep again.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

harvs  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post

We get spring rolls, lemon chicken, lemongrass beef, steamed rice for me and special fried rice for DH. Does dinner for us with enough left over for another serve for DH & dinner for DD1 the next day.

DH is out getting the food & wine now... I'm starving! I wasn't hungry at lunch time because I'd had churros so I haven't eaten since and now I don't know if DH will get his leftovers for tomorrow!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

harvs  (08-10-2016)