+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Ends choppy! Got it! See I think me not knowing the terminology has lead to me not getting what I want.

I just always worried that asking for layers would mean I'd have layers half way up my head with a short cut.

Anyone else with really frizzy hair got any product recommendations on something you can put in and leave your hair to dry naturally? I'm lucky being in SA humidity is never a problem, more so dryness
    Very important to use shampoo/conditioner that is for fine hair. I use Goldwell Dualsenses and have found that my hair is tonnes better using that. I can even let it dry naturally and it looks good (but I mostly give it a dry off with the blow dryer). For a treatment I use Paul Mitchell 'Super-Charged Moisturizer' every few washes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is my do - not the best lighting but you can see all the layers give the style shape and it doesn't 'hang' like it would if it's more the one length:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1475978781.341220.jpg

I have had my fair share of safe 'mum cuts' (even when I ask for some decent layers) - thankfully my new hairdresser isn't afraid to chomp in!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (24-11-2016),Sketch  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What did you end up with @A-Squared?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    This is my do - not the best lighting but you can see all the layers give the style shape and it doesn't 'hang' like it would if it's more the one length:

Attachment 84929

I have had my fair share of safe 'mum cuts' (even when I ask for some decent layers) - thankfully my new hairdresser isn't afraid to chomp in!
    I totally missed this! My hair is far too fine for big layers like that, but they really suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    What did you end up with @A-Squared?
    My appointment isn't until the end of November, I have the day off work to have the works done so I can go out that night for my birthday. I think I'm leaning towards going drastic and doing the shorter one. I can always bobby pin back any parts that can't fit into a hair tie.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exciting! Nothing like a serious makeover. Please do post photos. I always feel like such a hypocrite when I say that because I never post a obit of myself - not brace enough lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Exciting! Nothing like a serious makeover. Please do post photos. I always feel like such a hypocrite when I say that because I never post a obit of myself - not brace enough lol
    I'm happy to post one..... But will delete later.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    So it's D day on Saturday and still at a loss. In my ideal world where I have heaps of time to wash regularly and style it I'd go the short bob, because it's dramatic and I would LOVE a drastic change, but if it's too short and I can't put it back, I could regret it. But if I go the long bob, it's just another every day not so exciting cut. Gah!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (25-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it's D day on Saturday and still at a loss. In my ideal world where I have heaps of time to wash regularly and style it I'd go the short bob, because it's dramatic and I would LOVE a drastic change, but if it's too short and I can't put it back, I could regret it. But if I go the long bob, it's just another every day not so exciting cut. Gah!
    Go the short bob! I can still scrape mine back when desperate and it's above my shoulders. It won't take too long to grow back if you don't like it I had my hair done on Saturday and now have a shaved undercut! Was a bit shocked when he got the clippers out but I'm loving it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (24-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go between a short bob and long bob and I am dying to get cut back short again! Do you have a good straightener? I find even on a lazy day I can quickly rip my GHD through and make beachy waves in about 10 minutes, or after I wash I use a sea salt spray and let it dry naturally and that gives me funky waves.

Even when mine is so short I can't tie it back, I do a braid crown or similar to pull it off my face/neck.

Go short, do it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (24-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Go the short bob! I can still scrape mine back when desperate and it's above my shoulders. It won't take too long to grow back if you don't like it I had my hair done on Saturday and now have a shaved undercut! Was a bit shocked when he got the clippers out but I'm loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I go between a short bob and long bob and I am dying to get cut back short again! Do you have a good straightener? I find even on a lazy day I can quickly rip my GHD through and make beachy waves in about 10 minutes, or after I wash I use a sea salt spray and let it dry naturally and that gives me funky waves.

Even when mine is so short I can't tie it back, I do a braid crown or similar to pull it off my face/neck.

Go short, do it
    Do either of you have photos of your styles!?